chapter two

Angela's point of view:

I'd just finished at the doctors, Jack's at home with Spencer and suspiciously dad's out with Emily doing 'work stuff' but every second Friday is his day off work so I don't see what work 'stuff' they'd be doing.

I had enough time to buy a nice dress for tonight's dinner with Ethan.
A short, tight black dress, a lot out of my comfort zone but I was feeling spontaneous.
It's now 6pm, and I've just pulled into the driveway.

Dad's car isn't here so I'm assuming he's still out.
Grabbing the bags out of the car, I walk inside to find Jack on the sofa watching a cartoon while Spencer sits next to him, seeming equally interested in the TV show as a four year old.

Chuckling I set my bags down on the table.

" No hello?" I laugh.

" Shh we're at the best part Angie" Jack points to the Tv, Spencer laughing at his comment.

Shaking my head, I bring one of the bags up to my room, dropping it onto the bed. My phone begins to ring, an incoming call from dad.

" Hey dad".

" Angela, would you be able to bring Jack with you to your dinner tonight? I won't be home until later I'm so sorry, I can leave early, I'm just having such a good time" He sighs.

 I nod slowly before realizing that he can't see me
" Oh yeah, okay sure thing. I'm happy you're having fun dad".

" Thanks Angela, I love you" He says.

" Love you too dad, bye" I throw my phone onto the bed before walking down the stairs to see the TV show they were watching has now finished.

The both of their heads turn to face me.

" Uh Jack, Tonight you're going to come to dinner, with Ethan. Dad won't be home until late" I nod.

Jack shakes his head " I don't like Ethan, he's mean".

" Please Jack, it won't be too long?".

" I can stay a little longer with him, we've got a few episodes to finish anyway" Spencer smiles.

Why's he always offering everything, Is he really wanting a pay rise that bad?

" No Spencer, you've got that party tonight don't do that. You've already done enough" I shake my head.

" Ah I don't really like parties anyway, I'm barely doing anything when I look after him too, maybe teach him a bit about chess when it comes up, but it's an easy thing to do Angela".

I shake my head again, our eyes locking, " You shouldn't be spending your friday night looking after your bosses son".

" I want him to stay, please Angie" Jack pleads.

" Looks like it's settled" Spencer nods, with a pleased look on his face.

Throwing my hands in the air, I run upstairs squeezing into the tight black dress, pairing it with some high top black converse and a denim jacket before grabbing my phone and running back downstairs.

Spencer and Jack are now in the kitchen, making dinner when our eyes meet.
He slowly looks me up and down before inhaling a sharp breath.
Do I look bad?

" Spencer you are a life saver, and my dad will love you for this. I'll give you the money once I'm back home".

" The money? Don't be silly Angela, go have fun if it's possible" He chuckles.

What's that supposed to mean.

" Okay well, have fun, don't burn the house down".

He darts his tongue out to wet his lips before snaking his hands into his pockets.
" You look really nice by the way".