chapter five

Angela's point of view:

A few knocks at the door has my eyes fluttering open, taking in my surroundings.

Turning my face up, Spencer's asleep on the sofa while I'm laying in his lap.
Fuck.

Another knock on the door causes him to waken, rubbing his eyes, he looks down at me, gently smiling.

I'd never seen him freshly woken up before.
He looks like a baby after a long nap.
Eyes glassy and scruffy hair.

" Coming " He calls to the door.

I quickly move out of his lap, sitting up right on the sofa.
He stretches his legs out before making his way over to the door, looking out the peep hole.

" Shit, it's Derek" He turns to face me.

If Derek found out I was here, I'm sure he would find lots of ways to make it look bad,
as in bad I mean like I'd slept over for the night.

" Don't let him in!" I hiss.

He throws his hands in the air before half opening the door.

" Hey Reid, how's it goi...why aren't you opening the door all the way?" Derek laughs.

Fuck.
fuck, fuck, fuck.

I quickly launch off the couch, running to hide behind a wall, out of view, peeping my head out so I can see what's happening.

" Safety first Morgan, you could've been anyone" Spencer anxiously laughs.

" Okay, well it's me Reid you can open the door!".

Spencer turns to face me, his eyes wide.
Great this is just great.

" I was actually about to sleep".

" Sleep? It's 9am what were you doing last night?".

He clears his throat, " I just had a long night okay?".

" Aw shit, my man! I was going to see if you wanted to get lunch but you better rest up, Vanessa keep you up all night hey?".

Spencer just nods, scratching the back of his neck.

" Alright, well i'll see you later then" Derek says

" Mhm" Spencer nods.

Derek chuckles before walking off.

Spencer shuts the door behind him, letting out a sigh of relief before turning to face me.

" He would have a field day if he saw you were here".

" That's for sure". I turn to the coffee table, grabbing my phone to see a few texts from dad.

Shit.
Quickly unlocking my phone I reply to the three asking where I am and if i'm okay.
He replies almost instantly asking where I am.

He won't think it's weird that i'm here right?
He'd be happy I'm getting along with people yeah?
I think this ones best left untold.

I reply back saying that i'm on my way home from Ethan's, avoiding the question overall.

" I should probably get home and get some sleep" I turn to face him.

He nods, crossing his arms over his chest, " Well let me drive you, it's the least I can do".

Kindly declining, slowly walking towards the front door,
" You've already done lots for me, an uber will be easy".

" No it's really okay, it's only a five minute drive Angela" He shakes his head.