𝐯

The computer in front of me lightened up, showing a bunch of files that had been emailed to me exactly two days ago by Jake

As I read them, I realized that nothing was the same now, after Francisco had died moles were everywhere now. We still couldn't figure out who had sent them, but sources were that Luigi was now out to cover back Francisco's territory.

Yet, the question lingered in our minds, if Luigi was taking back the territory he could've done it five months ago. Why now? Why not before?

As the question circled in my head, I closed my eyes and leaned back in my chair. Sighing I opened my eyes and shut my laptop close before heading to the table and making myself a drink.

The golden drink connected with the crystal and illuminated in the sunlight, picking it up I gulped down its contents as it burned my throat.

I got up and opened the door of my office before descending the stairs, and entering my room. Picking up my phone, I dialed her number.

I didn't know why I wanted to talk to her, but her voice soothed me in ways I couldn't understand. The phone rang before she finally picked up, I heard some shuffling before it came to an end.

"H-Hello?"

"Little one,"

"Mr. Kuznetsov,"

"What are you doing? I'll pick you up,"

"I'm at the l-library,"

"Are you done?"

"Y-Yeah,"

"I'm coming over in thirty minutes is that okay?"

"Mmhh."

"I'll see you later."

An with that I hung up, anticipation closed over my mind before, I grabbed my keys and took off on my car. My hands drummed against the steering wheel leather, and my eyes were concentrated on the road ahead of me.

The streets looked pleasant, the sun was hidden with the dark clouds, as they shadowed upon the streets. The sky thundered in anger, the weather changing into a cold wind.