𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢

The pungent scent of alcohol and cheap perfume had imprinted itself in my brain, it never felt too uncomfortable for me

The pungent scent of alcohol and cheap perfume had imprinted itself in my brain, it never felt too uncomfortable for me. The loud music blaring from the speakers, prostitutes grinding on a man or woman's lap, seeking the relief of sex.

As in my case, I had a glass of rich old scotch in my hand as I gulped it down my throat. I couldn't remember how much alcohol I had drunk but the buzzing in my ears and the lightheadedness of my body told me I had probably taken a whole bottle of it.

I didn't mind, I liked the distraction it created for me. I couldn't focus on anything as I sat down on the couch next to the corner. It was a private floor, all people I had approved of had access to it. The businessmen who had a hand in black money, with their whores on their arms with bartenders tending to their needs.

Their predatory eyes on the waitress as they tried to grope them, I didn't give a fuck, my workers knew how to fight how to wriggle the life out of the people who oozed out a motherfucker.

I was alone for now, but that didn't mean I would be for a very long time. The prostitutes threw themselves on me, kissing where they weren't supposed to touch. Bad move. Their bodies lay on the ground now with some of the guards getting rid of them.

I wasn't one to fuck with, not right now at least. I was in Paris now, the city, it added a jab to my heart but for the time being, I needed to stay here. No matter how much anyone asked where she was, I didn't answer.

All I did was turn away, he didn't ask me. Lucifer. He knew, somehow he fucking knew and he tried to tell me, and I didn't listen to him.

Bastard.

The devil on my shoulder cackled like a hyena, it fucking pissed me off. I wanted to throw something, murder someone. And that was why I was here.

I had the commission today, tipping someone off was normal and then murdering them, I didn't do it usually. But today I needed someone, I didn't have prey and my need to be a predator had left me doing the dirty work of someone else.

Theodore Knight.

I didn't know who the fuck he was, not his face, not what he had done, but I didn't give a fuck. It felt nice to have something keeping my attention from her, and I would do anything to keep my focus from her.