𝐱𝐱𝐢

The sunlight glistened through the ivory curtains, glinting in my eyes before I groaned and softly started to open my eyes

The sunlight glistened through the ivory curtains, glinting in my eyes before I groaned and softly started to open my eyes. The sun rays prickled at my eyes, and I moved my hand to close the curtain further.

I was stopped when I realized a body was clinging to me before memories of last night came rushing back to my mind.

I moved my eyes to her figure, her auburn strands clinging to her face, her pink sweet lips in a small pout with her eyelashes resting on her cheeks.

A small smile twitched on my face as the sun rays glinted on her olive skin. Softly, I pulled her closer to me, spooning her.

My arms enveloped her spine rubbing circles with my thumb before her cyan blue eyes fluttered open.

Her eyes were hazy before they zeroed on me, a smile pulled up on her lips and I leaned in closer to peck her soft plump lips. It was soft and sweet.

"Good morning," I rasped out, my voice husky with sleep and she curled closer to me.

"Morning," she mumbled as her hands rubbed on her eyes rubbing off the sleep in them.

"How are you feeling?"

"Sore. Happy but sore." A small chuckle bubbled up in my lungs, I kissed her forehead before moving to her nose in an Eskimo kiss.

She giggles softly underneath my skin, her hands now fisting my hair softly.

"I wasn't too rough was I?" I asked her, concern brewing inside my chest and she chuckled and shook her head in denial.

"No, I... liked it," she blushed crimson red before hiding her face deeper in my skin. I caressed her back with the back of my back, and she shuddered at my touch.

For a few moments we just laid there, we didn't go back to sleep even though our eyes were closed. Our heartbeats synced in harmony and our breaths slowed down.

Before she broke the silence by removing her head from my neck and looking down at me. "I... know why we are here," her words just a small mumble but I heard it loud and clear.