𝐱

S

S

lowly I opened my eyes, slightly squinting them at the white light. My vision was blurred before I blinked a few times I figured out there was a figure resting on the bedside.

The pain in my abdomen increased and I groaned before looking down and seeing my stomach wrapped up in a white bandage with a red spot evident. Fuck, slowly all the memories came rushing back in. I was shot. Motherfucker.

"Are you okay?" A honeyed voice asked me, and I turned around to see my little one. She had concern swirling in her eyes, her hair in a mess, her skin pale. And yet, she was still the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

I hummed or groaned I couldn't figure out what I had said, but my throat felt like sandpaper. The lack of water making me lightheaded.

"Could you pass me some water?" I asked, my voice came out hoarse with the lack of fluid. And she hurriedly removed the cap of the water bottle before pouring it into the crystal glass and adding a straw in it.

Bringing it closer to my face, she supported my head in one hand and brightened the plastic white straw colder to my lips. Opening them I sucked the transparent liquid greedily, the cool water calming down the flame that had started in my throat.

Gulping down the whole glass, she wiped the remnants from my mouth before setting aside the crystal glass. Her lips parted and the pearls of innocent tears flowed down her cherub cheeks. She sobbed while hugging me whimpering, and hiccupping in between.

I placed my hand on her hair, running soothing circles on them while cooing at her.

"You're so mean! You c-can't do that to be again!" She exclaimed against my neck and I stifled back a chuckle. She was just too adorable.

"What happened little one?"

"You have been comatose for weeks, and you-your heart stopped for a minute! I didn't know what to do, you just laid there and I was so scared!" She cried in my arms.

My sweet, sweet little one. She didn't even know that I had been in a worse situation than this.

But, it warmed my heart. No one was there to care for me in those six years, no one to tend to my bullet wounds. Just me. And after all those years someone cared for me? Fuck, I couldn't even explain the feeling.