12 ✘ the party-aftermath

THE FOLLOWING DAYS after parties are the worst — well, that is for those who weren't invited, for the commoners, for the losers, for the sad people who have to sit alone at lunch

At Sterling, not even money can buy friendships.

Xemina Ćurković's party is the topic of the week, it gets a little repetitive but that's life. With people tagging each other on social media and posting about it everywhere it's almost like nothing else matters, like nothing else exists other than this little bubble we have created for ourselves.

But then, girls like Sofia LaRosa will walk past, and someone will call the number 30, and then we're sucked back into the world we know. Cruelty.

"...And then he was so on me, I just can't believe he finally grew a pair and did that. I mean I know how intimidating it can be for inexperienced people but he's so cute, always asks if I'm okay and stuff." Emery blabbers on to the rest of our entourage as they all walk me to my English class.

Truth be told, I'd rather go by myself but then the stray kittens wouldn't know what to do.

After her whole 'meltdown' Emery came running back, tears streaming down her face and all. I mean if a stray vintage Chanel bag just ended up on your doorstep, sure it might look a bit ugly and old but there's worth in everything — no matter how grand or little.

Lucky for Emery hers is the fact she's a product of nepotism, Libra Sokoli is a famous casting agent. At just thirteen Emery was sneaking us into exclusive Hollywood events, where we would wear these absolute terrors of dresses, I swear it was so obvious we were underage, but the people wouldn't care after a few shots. To them, everything's disposable — even scandals.

"So sweet," I manage out, referring back to her story of her new companion of the month.

She grins back, relief flashing through her at my validation. If I'm being honest, I stopped listening to Emery about boys halfway through freshman year when she said that Caleb Delvaùx was the love of her life and he felt the same.

Apparently, he'd looked at her for 'like five thousand years' when they had to work together for a school project in math class. I'd asked her if she'd had spinach in her teeth or something but she's set on the fact that he was in love with her for the entirety of their project.

Then she had a crush on Lotus Hellborn — she did actually get with him, but they lasted about a week until she realised he'd liked someone else the entire time. She was a mess, and I did comfort her during that period of time.

Lotus was punished for his mistakes, and to this day I still hear him whine about how his Maserati got keyed. I would claim 'oops,' if I'd felt sorry for what I'd done. But I don't, I hardly ever do.

Throughout the years Emery's track record never did manage to get better, but at least I get to practice how I key cars. I'm surprised thick Lotus still hasn't realised it was me.