15 ✘ two delvaùxs and a valè

TUESDAY AFTER SCHOOL rolls around quicker than expected

TUESDAY AFTER SCHOOL rolls around quicker than expected. With an hour left to spare before my study session at the library, I get on the phone with Nads as I change.

She hasn't been at school since Friday and I've started to worry. The longest we've been out of contact is five days, and that was when she left for Iran without telling me.

I'd almost filed a missing persons report, not used to having Nadia not answer, that was until Luca Cathans had told me where she was when he'd overheard a conversation I had with Bailey.

"Hey, this is Nadia's voicemail. I can't come to the phone right now and please don't leave a message, I never listen to those!..."

I sink into myself at that, before going to my phone. Ari's most likely to know where Nads I halt though when I check the time. Ari's still probably at cheer practice. With my phone still out, I dial Bailey.

The blonde girl is always bound to pick up. The phone rings three times before it clicks.

"Hey Vals! Unless you're in an emergency this better be quick, I'm up to chapter thirteen of this new book and things have just started to get good," Bailey's voice is frantic and by the way her words melt together I don't doubt she's lying.

"Which fan-fic is it today?" I ask, knowing that's Bailey's niche.

She reads fanfic all the time; at school, in class, during summer vacation. I'm just surprised her social life is still up and running with her average screen time.

"You wouldn't approve of it." She says and I can picture her grin from here.

"Have you heard from Nads?" I ask, placing my phone on speaker as I rummage through my drawers attempting to look for a suitable top to wear. "I haven't heard from her since Friday."

"She's probably sick Vals, stop fretting."

I sink into myself momentarily, I'd really though Bailey would have at least some type of idea. "Yeah probably," I hum. I make a mental note to stop by after if Nadia still doesn't pick up my calls.

"Anyways I've got to go, the girl just pulled out a knife on her enemy. I have got to read this!"

Before I can utter a goodbye Bailey's already hung up, and I've found the top I was looking for. At school, the weather was fine today but it's as soon as the afternoon hits all hell breaks loose. For the past few days, the weather's been getting worse, causing roads to close, lightning to strike, and even some trees at school to fall.

Despite all of that however, it seems as if things have started to turn around. I'm just thankful that I don't have to wear the itchy school's jumper under my blazer anymore.