17 ✘ you seemed an honest man

tolerate it | taylor swift❝ while you were out building other worlds, where was i?where's that man who'd throw blankets over my barbed wire? ❞

❝ while you were out building
other worlds, where was i?
where's that man who'd throw
blankets over my barbed wire? ❞

VALÈ ARRIVES AT the Delvaùx manor on the back of Aristotle's motorbike. She takes her helmet off with ease and I watch as her hair flows in the hair. Her usual curly hair has been straightened, and I'm taken aback for a moment before I'm grinning at her. She gets off the bike with a casual confidence that I've always adored.

She waves at me with a wide beam before looking back to Ari. I watch as they converse for a couple of seconds, and as Valé passes Ari the helmet. Ari nods along to whatever it is Valé is saying, once done she looks over at the rest of us and grins at me. She smiles over to Atlas before nodding in acknowledgement to the other two boys.

With that, she puts on the helmet Valé gave her and rides off.

I feel underdressed the second I take in what Vals is wearing. She's got on a black long sleeve turtleneck and darkwash jeans. She's paired the look with a trenchcoat and her most favoured platform versace boots.

"Still not aware of the weather," Caleb comments from behind me.

For a split second, I think he's speaking to me but then Valé's familiar snort is escaping her.

"Still inviting people over to your place?" She shrugs, with innuendo of the party that'd occurred and left Caleb to write 'The List.'

I watch as Sage's eyes widen, and as Atlas keeps an eye on Caleb obviously trying to scope out his reaction to the joke. I still as well, and turn to Valé to eye her to ask what the hell she's thinking, but she doesn't seem bothered.

Then Caleb lets out a breath of amusement, and it feels like everyone as a collective sighs out relieved.

"Where'd you come from?" He asks.

"The gallery. Ari and I went to see the artworks and pieces since they were doing an exhibition on the French Revolution." Valé doesn't specify which gallery, we all know she's gone to La Voûte des Delvaùx.

Despite the French name and recent exhibition, La Voûte des Delvaùx is a gallery that every art student at Sterling Academy hopes to be placed in.

It's the best possible starting position for any aspiring artist — that isn't Sage Evanders since he's already conquered national recognition. The desire to be showcased is due to La Voûte des Delvaùx's end—of—year student showcase which is an achievable goal but still very selective.

Only 8 out of 23 students are selected to have their art shown, and that's only from Sterling, the other schools near us have even less of a chance. Everyone speculates as to why but it's obviously due to the fact that the current Delvaùx heir attends Sterling, and not the other schools.