47 ✘ daughter of destruction

to be so lonely | harry styles❝ i'm just an arrogant son of a bitch,who can't admit when he's sorry,don't call me baby again, you got your reasons ❞

❝ i'm just an arrogant son of a bitch,
who can't admit when he's sorry,
don't call me baby again, you got your reasons ❞

ATLAS <3: MEET ME in the east wing bathrooms.

My heart drops as the message surfaces my phone screen. "Nai, I really have got to tell you something." Eva's voice momentarily breaks me out of my phone induced daze.

"Just a moment, I really have to get this." I signal, still not looking up at her as my fingers dance across the screen's keypad, a response on the verge of my fingertips.

"No Nai, it's serious." I sense Eva coming closer. I can hear the footsteps of her and another's — Ajay, I assume.

Anxiously, I take in my thumbs nail between my teeth. What am I supposed to write back? I know what's coming for me, I know my fate and yet I don't want to meet it.

I'm just going to walk to him, alright. Building up the courage I turn on my heel to go. "I'll get back to you as soon as I'm — "

"I'm moving." Eva blurts out. I stop walking in my tracks and turn on my heel not caring for the commotion I'm bound to cause stopping in the middle of the courtyard. The assembly had stopped moments earlier and I'd wormed my way to the exit needing fresh air as guilt nipped at my consciousness.

"What?"

"My parents don't want me here anymore. First the list and now the silvers posting about the boys' family, they think it's going to continue." They think they'll be next. "I'm moving."

"To St. Valentine's?" I frown as I mention the school half an hour away, I'll miss not seeing Eva at school everyday, but we'll for sure meet up after.

"No. To Greece." Greece? "I'm going to be staying with my Yiayia, and attend a school there for the rest of my senior year." She looks at the concrete floor, not meeting my gaze. When I look over to Ajay his face is blank.

He already knew.

"When did you find out?" I bat away the tears blinding my vision. No, Eva can't be moving. She's like the glue in our trio, well, everyones the glue but she's the most intact one.

"At the soirée." Four days ago!

"Why didn't you tell me?" I press, trying to meet her hidden gaze that she shields. I bite on my bottom lip to suppress talking over her.

She laughs, but it isn't one laced with humour, her eyes finally flickering up to meet mine with something a lot like disdain. "Like you would fucking care? Nai, I'm really happy that you got yourself a boyfriend — but you've been such a shitty friend these past few months. You cancel plans at the last minute, you don't text any of us back, you barely talk to us in school and you expect me to tell you this!"

I take a step back at the sudden outburst, her pale cheeks fill with colour obviously irritated. "You know what type of person Atlas is, he's like—"

"We get it. We know. But that doesn't excuse everything." Ajay is the one to cut in bashfully, he's never been a confronter, especially towards Eva and I.