21 ✘ a virgin who can't drive

"WAIT

"WAIT. WAIT. WAIT. Sage Evanders is going to be taking you out?" Emery asks, her eyes widening as her mouth goes slack. I roll my eyes playfully, before grabbing one of the baby cucumbers from off of my plate and sticking it into her mouth.

"Yes, and if you were a real friend you would help decide what to wear!"

Emery doesn't say anything as she takes a bite of the cucumber before grabbing the rest of it and placing it on her plate.

"I just dont get it!" One of the other girls squeaks out from the other side of the table.

I snap my head to the side and watch as she falters under my suspecting gaze. "Get what?" I snap, fully aware of what she's about to say.

The junior girl, whose father owns some toaster company that's worth millions of dollars raises her arms in surrender. "I didn't know you liked Sage!"

"Of course I like Sage, everyone likes Sage—"

"That's not what she means, Amber." Her apparent lord and saviour mutter beside her.

It's sweet, how she thinks she can cut me off. "Are you calling me incompetent?" I cock my head to the side and immediately feel Emery's swiftness in brushing my hair out of my eyes so I don't have to raise a finger.

"Don't go clamping vag's shut Amber. You know what she means and the rest of us, well.." the red—haired girl swallows. "We agree."

"How sweet," I hum, scanning the table of girls who are all carbon copies of an era of me. "I had no idea the rest of you developed voices. I thought your existence was just to fuel mine." I grin, but the smile doesn't quite reach my eyes.

Emery sighs from beside me, "We just never saw this coming. You don't have to be so rude about it."

I aimlessly pick up my fork and stab it into the salad before placing it into my mouth. I take the time as I eat as an opportunity to think over my response. Emery knows me better than anyone, which says nothing since everyone doesn't know me but also completely contradicts the statement.

"He's cute," I mutter out to the fear—suspecting girls who are always so eager to prove their worth to me.

"I didn't know you liked cute." Emery smiles, obviously glad I haven't bit her nor anyone else's heads off.

"Me either."

Knowing she'll get nowhere if she prods, Emery throws her elbows on the table and rests her face on her upturned palms. "Fine, what are the options?"