43 ✘ no one gets away

PART 4: LEAVE

PART 4: LEAVE.

"SMILE!" THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S words stick as the camera flashes once we've entered the museum. Momentarily blinding me as I stand next to Atlas. His hands placed at the bottom of the backless dress, the contrast of his cold body to my warm skin elicits goosebumps.

Mom, Monet, Mr McAllister and Dad — who surprisingly has made it to today's event, are all scattered around talking to business associates and other parents as waiters and waitresses walk around with platters of food.

"Again," Atlas's voice draws my attention back up to his face.

"Hm?" I look up at him, as he eyes me with a hint of something I can't quite put my finger on — he's been looking at me like this since he picked me up from my front doorstep.

"Let's take one more." He suggests and I nod as he brings me closer to his own body. Pressing a kiss to my cheek, but this time my smile is wiped off and shock crosses my face when Sage jumps in just before the camera flashes, mimicking the exact same thing Atlas has done but on the other cheek.

"Next!" The three of us move in sync, walking down the red carpet as we enter the re—designed museum, that's got balloon garlands, lights and art — so much art around.

"Sage, what the hell?" I look at the blue—eyed boy with a raised brow.

"What?" He shrugs, "I just added a third party of hot there — you guys were really lacking." There's a cheeky grin on his lips and I roll my eyes — not quite mad though.

"Amber know you kiss other girls?"

Despite Sage being his best friend, a wave of protectiveness surges through Atlas as he presses my back to his front, wrapping his hands around the stomach of the dress and pulling me in.

Sage's face falls for a mere second at the mention of the girl, and I would have never questioned it before, prior to knowing what has happened between them.

"She won't mind."

"Hey guys," as the new voice enters the scene, we turn our heads slightly welcoming none other than Salem and Xemina. They're both wearing similar style dresses, but Salem's one is more promiscuous in the sense the slit in her leg goes up all the way to the beginning of her thigh, in spite of that it's gorgeous.

She looks more cheery than usual, but her mood dims when grunts greet her in response, no one matching her enthusiasm.

"Oh how boring you all are! Today's going to be such a great day I can feel it!" She pats her hands on her champagne coloured dress, with a wistful sigh.

"It's night." Sage is the one to correct, his lively demeanour dying down at her appearance.

"Okay, so some of us are in a pissy mood. Atlas, Nayelie?" She tries, as Xemina looks over at us too, the blonde's hair pined up showing off the large diamond necklace that hangs around her neck.