35. Get better.

~Mason Nicole's POV~

The bell rings and I immediately stand up then walk out of school. I look next to me and Nick walks close to me.

"Hi Mason." Nick moves closer.

"What do you want?" I roll my eyes.

"To talk."

"I didn't know whores were your type." I say lowly. Forgot to mention that Nick hates me for 'crawling back to a boy who isn't good for me'.

"Depends on who we're talking about." He steps in front of me stopping me from walking.

"I ask again, what do you want?"

"You going to see Zayn at psych?" He smiles.

"Zayn isn't in psych." I look at him dead in his eyes.

"Don't fucking lie to me sweetheart. If anything you should be nice to me."

"Oh 'cause you're so nice to me nowadays aren't you?" I retort.

"I could be. But I hate girls in relationships." Nick cocks his head.

"Good, so now we can leave Mason alone yeah?" I try to leave and he blocks me again.

"No, you don't get off that easily. I think you owe me."

"I owe you what Nick?"

"Get drunk with me." He smirks.

"Or what?"

"Or I tell the detectives Zayn shot you."

"What the fuck are you plotting?" I spit.

"The day you walked out of the police station you were pissed and I knew it. And me putting two and two together they probably questioned you about Zayn. Knowing you, you got defensive."

"So you'll make them see it as me protecting my boyfriend from being punished." I roll my eyes.

"There goes smart Mason. I'll give you an exception though." He pauses."You can bring someone."

"Keep up this threat and I'll bring Collin into this." I avoid eye contact.

"Funny how it's gotten to this point to try to get you drunk with me. Even when we were friends you wouldn't budge." He messes with my head.

"Even if I did get drunk with you what were you expecting? That I'd have sex with you?"

"Not exactly." He laughs pathetically. "I actually miss the nickname you gave me. No matter how much I disliked it I miss you calling me Hosen."

"Turns out I hate boys who hate me." I give him attitude and walk away.

"I'll text you where and when." He yells to me.

"Fuck off"

What the hell am I getting myself into?

***

I walk into Zayn's room and he smiles at me. I return the smile and sit on the end of his bed.

"I was about to go to the gym here, but now I'm occupied."

"They allow that?"

"Yeah, since I'm not freaking out every waking moment they allow me to go to the gym." He explains as he scoots closer to me.

"Do you freak out at all?"

"Honestly I do, it's easier to get mad and yell when I need to instead of trying to act normal." He goes on. "But it gets kind of out of hand so I'm having Anthony and Danny bring me an edible."