46. Back at it.

~Mason Nicole's POV~

"Well Masie, despite how much I don't want to say this, you did a great job." Devin and I walk around the entire place. "I mean really, I could've never seen this football field turn into a carnival."

"Aww was that so hard?" I pout endearingly.

"Shut up." He nudges me.

"Hey, so you know how I told you about Nick like way back?" I go around the subject.

"Nick threatening you to get fucked up with him?" He smirks. "I handled that ages ago. Why'd you ask?"

"I don't know. Just after everything that's happened with Zayn and involving Zayn I just don't want everything coming back to me at once."

"I mean he promised to leave you alone anyway. So that was probably the last thing about Zayn you ever half to deal with."

"That, plus we're neighbors." I roll my eyes. "And we all go to school together."

Kade: I see you princess.

I look up from my phone and see Kade.

"Who the hell is calling you princess?" Devin tries to take my phone from my hand.

"No." I gasp. "I'll tell you later, but I gotta go meet up with him."

"You better tell me everything I'm not kidding." He looks at me protectively.

"Okay Devie calm down." I nudge him jokingly, he kisses my forehead.

"See ya." He walks off.

"Hey princess." Kade plays his flirty eyes. "I knew you had a couple fuck buddies."

"Devin? Oh god no." I scrunch my face.

"Not your type?"

"Best friends definitely aren't my type."  I look around feeling preoccupied just by being in charge.

"How do you feel about cotton candy?"

"I'm not hungry." I smile lightly.

"Let me buy you something for once princess." He forces me to walk towards the stand where Ana and Rose are.

"Don't take his money." I look at them sternly as he holds me from behind preventing me from running away.

"What would you like?" Ana smiles at him.

"Ana!!" I whine.

"Cotton candy." He grins, holding both of my wrists with one hand effortlessly.

"Blue or pink?" Rose chimes. "Actually Mason loves the–"

"Don't." I give her a death glare.

"You forgot that all stands that aren't their own business are free for performers if it's under £4." Rose smiles.

"Right. How the hell did I forget that? Niall and I came up with it." I grab the blue cotton candy and eat a piece in Kade's face. "When do we perform again?"

"Twenty minutes." She steals some from my bag.

"Mk. I'm gonna go change now so then I don't rush last minute." We walk away.

"Nice meeting you both." Kade waves charmingly. "The restrooms are probably crowded princess."

"That's why I'm gonna change in the booth of my car." I grin walking to the parking lot.