10. Rising tension.

~Louis' POV~

The bell rings and I walk out of class and towards El's locker to wait for her. I lean against it and check my phone to see if anyone texted me about the party. After what seems like forever waiting for her to come I occupy myself with my phone.

Nick: Meet me infront of the school in five minutes.

I roll my eyes aggressively at Nick's text. I hate Coach for making us all exchange numbers for 'team purposes'. I start to text him back when I feel I locker door lightly thump my head.

"You had me waiting here for ages." I throw my phone back into my hoodie and kiss her cheek.

"Well good thing you're patient." She says sarcastically. "Come on let's go."

Once we get outside Nick is there as I expected.

"Louis. Good you got my text I need to talk to you." He wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Okay, what's up?" I turn me and Ellie around to face him. He gestures his eyes towards her and back to me.

"Alright I'll go." She walks away.

"Wait for me by the field babe." I yell to her. "What's up?"

"I want to go to your little party." He crosses his arms.

"I invited the whole football team and you told me to count you out anyway." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Count me back in, the party is to raise money to get us better football uniforms. And I'm the quarterback, so it's an obligation for me to be there." He smirks, I stare at him long and hard. "Plus the cheerleaders will be there."

"You can go. But stay away from Mason." I step closer to him.

"What can I say? She's ridiculously attractive." He smiles then walks away.

***

~Mason Nicole's POV~

We won the game so that was good. An amazing touchdown by Liam brought the game to an end and everyone gave him props for it. While the boys were all mini-celebrating on the field I ran to Liam and hugged him.

"That was absolutely mental. Nice job." I muffle into his shoulder.

"It's nothing, you girls did great. You all looked stunning." He surprises me by spinning me around. After he drops me I run off to get to the locker room.

If you haven't gotten the impression already, I'm a cheerleader. And yes I fit all of the stereotypical preppy things about them.

"Hey Mason." Rose says. "Are you going to the party?"

"Yeah I'll be there." I think before speaking again."Where's Zayn? He's suppose to pick me up." I look at my phone.

"Louis said Zayn was at his house setting up the place for the party while Louis was here at the game. He's on his way." Rose says.

"How many people are going?" I ask.

"Around 55 people."

"I'm gonna go outside and check if Zayn is here." I walk out of the locker room and towards the parking lot to see if Zayn shows up. The wind blows over me which causes me to shiver.

After what seems like 20 minutes a motorcycle pulls up. Zayn tosses me a second helmet without saying a word to me. Well okay then. I hop on and hold onto his waist, burying my face into his back.

We get there and Zayn stops the motorcycle then gets off leaving me unbalanced before helping me off.

"Are you okay Zayn?" I hold onto his arm.