29. Dependence.

~Mason Nicole's POV~

I'm stuck with Violet all day today since my family is out with Joy getting her a passport and booking her flight.

I decide to do chores while Violet watches Barney. I begin getting the floors done and smirk when I notice the dragged scratch on the floor that I made.

My mom formally apologized to me about the whole treating me like shit, pissing off Zayn, and ruining my relationship. I said it's okay, but that doesn't fix any of my problems.

Niall visits me everyday to make sure that "I'm not dying yet". I think it's sweet, even though sometimes we just sit in silence. Ellie calls every night and makes fun of my 200 pound cast. At least she calls, right?

The door opens and I see Violet running towards it. I walk out of the kitchen and I see Zayn messing with her hair then walking in.

"I told you to leave me alone."I grumble. Trying not to swear infront of Violet.

"But Mason I miss you." He says and my blood boils.

"Zayn why do you always come to me when you're drunk. Why me?" I throw the cleaner to the floor.

"Because you're the only person who takes me seriously when I'm drunk. I go home drunk and my dad yells at me and teases me every time I try to be serious. I come here and you talk to me like I'm the same damn person I am when I'm sober."

"You're not gonna guilt trip me, all you want-" I'm interrupted when Zayn answers his phone.

It's Anthony or something so I dismiss them and go back to cleaning. I hear the person bring up something about vapor pens which doesn't surprise me at all. Their conversation begins to conclude.

"Was Bree good in bed?" Anthony says. I slowly look up at Zayn and narrow my eyes.

"You're fucking kidding me." I walk to the backyard and grab the pool cleaning pole. Zayn follows then stands by me awkwardly. "Why did you have sex with Bree?"

"Why do I have to justify myself to you? We're not even dating!" He yells in my face.

"Then why are you at my house!" I top his volume.

"I told you, you're the only person who takes me seriously when I'm drunk." He gets closer.

"Find someone else who takes you seriously. Cause you're not taking what I'm saying seriously." I get quieter. His face softens and he realized he frightened me a bit.

"We didn't have sex. We just made out and she gave me a blowjob." He keeps his façade up.

"Actually you're right. Why should it be my problem if we're not together?" I smile bogusly and get back to cleaning the pool and getting rid of the leaves.

As I slide sideways getting to the 7ft part of the pool and Zayn walks inside to do whatever. I can't reach the leaf in the middle of the pool so I lean forward and it floats away from me. I try to push the water around it in my direction, my cast slips my body forward and I fall into the middle of the water.

I try to keep my head up and float back to the ledge like I always do. My cast holds me down and now I'm screaming under water. I hold my breathe as long as my lungs will let me.

Or until I die.

~Zayn's POV~

I walk back outside and Mason isn't out here. I yell her name and stop midway when I notice the cleaning pole is in the middle of the pool. Out of impulse I yell in panic and throw myself into the water knowing I can't swim well when I'm drunk. I squint my eyes and see Mason at the bottom of the pool panicking and struggling to breathe.

I carry her up and struggle to pull our body weights through the heavy water. Once I get to the surface she's gasping for air and whimpering inaudible words. I set her on the ground first then I pull my self up.

"Violet!" I yell to the little girl watching tv.

I sit on the lawn chair then lay her with body facing the same direction as mine.

"Mason you can breathe now it's alright." I hug her. "Violet!" I scream louder.

Violet runs to me and I tell her to get me a towel. That's when Mason finally breathes and screams out for someone named Max. I wrap the towel around Mason and Violet holds her hand.

"It's okay Masie. Max is gone now, he's probably happier." Violet whispers.

"Who's Max?" I say outrageously. Is this some kind of ex boyfriend shit?

"Can I tell him Masie?" She says quieter and Mason lightly nods.

"When Masie was my age or older..I can't remember. Masie was playing tag with Max and his twin brother. Max has epep..eplep.."

"Epilepsy." She whispers.

"Yeah. So he had a caesar and fell into the water. And she tried to save him and drowned with him. So Max's brother screamed for their parents and they got them out, but only Masie lived." Violet swings Masons hand. "So now whenever Masie is in a bad mood she has nightmares about still drowning with Max."

"Violet get me bottles of water." I sigh. I don't wanna be drunk anymore it's not bringing me any good. I turn Mason's body facing me. "Mason I'm sorry for being an ass. I just really fucking missed you and didn't know what to do."

I chug down all of the bottles of water in five minutes.

"Mason I'm done. I'm gonna cut down on drinking when I get mad cause whenever I do something goes wrong." I finalize.

"Zayn do whatever you want." She whispers.

"Mason it was never my intention for this to happen." I get the chills once I realize I'm in wet clothes.

"Okay." She says.

"Okay what Mason? Give me something else besides short answers."

"Take me up to my room and then get out of my house." She says coldly.

~Mason Nicole's POV~

"I mean can you believe him? Even though he broke up with me he won't leave me alone." I complain to a confused Rose who's sitting in my bubble chair.

"I mean. He's been on edge lately right? Besides you being injured, he's dealing with a pissed off dad and fighting an addiction." She suggests.

"But it's not like every time things go to shit you have to let everyone feel your anger."

"Okay but he doesn't know how to deal with anger correctly Mas, we've all seen that." Why does she always have to make a point?

"He's wrong for barging in my house though. I can't deal with a break up if he's standing right in my face. He already lives next door give me credit for letting that slide." I angrily throw on makeup. "Now he's saved my life twice, he has leverage."

"Zayn doesn't care about all of that stuff. Stop freaking out." She sighs. "Where are you going?"

"Devin's cousin invited Devin and I to his house party." I grin. "Wanna come?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- Don't forget to vote, comment, or share if you liked it. Thanks for reading!

~LarrysAngels xx