13. They never listen anyway.

~Mason Nicole's POV~

I hear Zayn's motorcycle start and it goes it the direction towards the way we walk to school. I look out my window and inch back towards my bed to try to fall asleep.

It's almost midnight and Zayn has yet to return and I'm honestly scared. I try calling him multiple times, but his phone goes to voicemail. I put on my fuzzy slip-ons and a cardigan over my tank top. Once I grab my phone I'm tip-toeing down the stairs and out the door.

I clutch my phone in my hand and walk towards the school. When I get close enough I hear faint voices. As I get closer it's angry yelling. Is Zayn in a fight after I told him not to?

I walk closer and through the fence I see at least forty people. I walk down the stairs onto the field far from the crowd. A muscular hand grabs my arm and swings me to the side.

"Mason?!"

"Louis. What's going on?"

"You can't be here right now. How did you get here?" He almost yells

"I followed the direction Zayn took after almost an hour of him being gone." I get defensive.

"Mason just listen to me, go home." He tries to calm down.

"I'm not going anywhere until I know what's going on and-" I stop. "Where the hell is Zayn?"

And engine refs from the school parking lot and everyone silences. Suddenly a heavy set man yells out "he's here". Louis holds my hand and starts running towards the locker rooms and puts me in the boys locker room and forces me to stay in there. I try to walk in slowly knowing how dark it is.

"Who's in here?" A voice echoes.

"Zayn? What's going on?" Street lights through a window shine and I just barely see Zayn.

"Mason?" He sounds frustrated and walks toward me.

"You didn't answer my question." I say sternly.

"It's a fight, wasn't it obvious enough? That's why I didn't want you here." He runs his fingers through his hair.

"Well I'm sorry but when my friend isn't home and it's midnight I get scared." I snap.

"Okay now look. You're here when you shouldn't be, I'm fine, and you're still scared." He yells then punches a gym locker.

"That's terrific Zayn. Now what's going on?"

"Danny is about to fight Nick for me because the rest of the people there said hold off the fight until this guy comes. But I can't be here when he gets here."

"Nick is fighting?! I need-" I start to walk away but he pulls my arm.

"Louis said you're staying here. Can't you fucking listen to instructions for once?"

"Okay. I'll stay here, but I refuse to look at you." I yank away and sit on a bench and he sits on a different one.

Five minutes later we hear footsteps and he runs to me and pulls me into the back of the locker room and hides me in a bathroom stall.

"Stay here." He says. I put the lid on the toilet seat and sit on seat shaking at the coldness and my anxiousness.

"I heard you were hiding from me." I hear the voice say. "You're actually not as tough as you act."

"I don't act tough. I just get mad when I want to." Zayn retorted.

"When you want to or when they want you to?" They ask. "C'mon Zayn you're smart enough to understand that."