39. Sadism and secrets.

~Zayn's POV~

"Since I have a clearer vision of you Zayn, it's safe to say that you do have explosive disorder and we can medicate you for it, the medicine should help suppress the schizophrenia but all we can do is observe for now." My counselor says.

"How come this never showed up before? The explosive disorder?" My mom presses for answers.

"I'm assuming at his last evaluation, which I believe was when he was around 10, it showed up as anger issues and anxiety. Now that he's much older it's easier to see." He nods. "Did you take my suggestion Zayn?"

"Yeah." I look at my mom. "Because of the way Mason and I's relationship was going he suggested I cut off Mason to avoid anything that could try to trigger me."

"You guys ready? This is a big day for you tomorrow Zayn." He grins.

"Absolutely." I smirk.

"The pharmacist will give you your pills sometime tomorrow morning during breakfast."

"Terrific." I grin.

So I did let go of Mason, I mean that's what should've happened after the night she was with Devin at the park, but I did it. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still the same asshole kid so you know there's intentions behind this. But that's a surprise obviously, 'cause I'm that asshole kid.

What I personally like most about this is that I don't need to be dedicated to anyone. I can talk to any girl knowing that I can bone her whenever I want. I also don't even have to worry about who they are, or if I'm high. Or who's gonna get mad at me, I won't care.

And these pills, mood stabilizers. I won't feel a damn thing except the girl I'm in. Everyone's gonna see the real fucking Zayn when he's out of this nut house, literally.

"Can we discuss moving his release closer than it is now?" My mom asks, again.

"All we can do is hope for good behavior from Zayn." He grins at me.

"Mom getting caught fucking another patient and smoking weed isn't really easy to get out of." I tilt my head to her and she swats my chest.

"He's right, besides the words used." The counselor says uncomfortably. "We can try for two days less until release but that's as far as I can go."

"Forget it. If this happens again within the time being, add a month to his release." My mom stands up and glares at me.

"What the hell!" I sit up.

"Just in case you thought I'd let you mess this up." She smiles and walks out.

"Un-fucking-believable" I sigh.

"What were you thinking though Zayn?"

"That I could fuck a cute girl in peace. It's been like 2 months, and for me that's terrible." I get personal.

"That's common in a lot of people like you." He brushes off. "Makes you guys very irritable."

"Why?"

"Because all you want is to feel anything besides angry and impulsive. Schizophrenics like you want to feel anything besides scared and insane. Picking flowers isn't just enough for you, you want to be completely distracted from your problems."

"Makes perfect sense." My voice trails off. "Hey I'll see you tomorrow Reed."

"You're late." Ashley, the girl from the weight room the other day, smirks as I walk into my room.

"I always tell you about leaving the door open." I almost laugh.

"Oh whatever, everyone knows I'm having sex with you anyway." She says and I shoot a jokingly-serious glare at her. "Kidding."