37. Now we're here.

~Mason Nicole's POV~

"So you're almost seventeen, have two siblings, one adopted, hate being told what to do, you're from Leeds so you have a bit of an attitude on ya', sweet intentions, squeaky clean record." Kade says as he leans back in the seat of the car as I put my legs on his lap. I look at him cautiously. "Oh, except for the fact that you got shot."

"Impressive." I grin I lean back in my black jeep.

"That's what I learned about you yesterday and today-ish." He places his hand on my thigh. "I guess you could sum that up to shy"

"Oh shut up." I laugh. "And you're eighteen, have one brother, likes to have fun, fairly clever, laid back, charasmatic-"

"You can just sum that up to attractive princess." He says seductively, I swat his arm and we laugh.

Around two in the morning last night I wanted to leave the party, but Ellie and the guys wanted to stay and insisted on getting their own ride home. Since Kade didn't want me driving drunk in the dark he drove my car to his flat and I stayed there last night.

"You decide what you're eating?" I ask.

"Mm, if you asked me that last night you would've gotten a totally provocative answer." He grins. "But today I guess I'll say the diner."

"The diner? Does it have a name?" I laugh.

"Damn you really don't live out here." He furrows his eyebrows. "The guy who owns the cute little diner is from Norway, gave it a name nobody can pronounce. Everyone just calls it the diner."

"What kind of story is that?" I look at him in disbelief.

"Here, I'll prove it." He puts the keys in the ignition and I sit in the seat properly.

Ten minutes later he pulls up into small the diner parking lot. "I dare you to say that name." He points to the sign as we get out of the car.

"I can't say that." I laugh.

"Exactly! No one can!" He returns a smile. "But, I know it does mean beauty of my day."

"Kade!" The middle aged man drops what he's doing and hugs Kade. "Happy fucking birthday boy"

"Thanks mate." He grins. "This is Mason Nicole."

"Was she the birthday present from Kid?" He jokes, I smile politely trying not to get offended.

"Nah, she's a friend of a friend." He dismisses and starts to order for us as I walk to a booth.

"Birthday present?"

"Just an old joke. Ever since I turned twelve, every other year Kid would get me a girl." He smirks.

"That's weird cause I do the same thing with Collin." I become astonished at the coincidence

"Does he do that with you too?" He says as the waiter sets down our food.

"He does more of the scaring away boys ." I lightly smile as I think of him.

"So you've never had a boyfriend?"

"I have, one he off and on tried to scare off, the other one I had to break off for myself."

"Was he abusive?"

"No gosh no. I just didn't feel happy with him like I was before." I furrow my eyebrows. "You really think I've been through it all."

"Somewhat. You're friends with party boys, got shot and all."

"I knew them before they were party boys, which makes us even more close."