3. I couldn't care less.

~Mason Nicole's POV~

"Wake up Zayn." I stand at his doorway scolding Zayn who was still lying down.

"That's rude Mas." His raspy voice grumbles.

"I was trying to wake you up." I retort.

"Oh I'm not complaining, waking up to your face is always great." He smirks leaning his back up on the headboard, the duvet covering less and less of his shirtless upper body. "Hold on babe." He walks out of the room and towards what I'm assuming is the bathroom.

I sat criss-cross on his bed, looking around his room, the walls full of baby pictures, elementary awards, and posters. I couldn't my eyes off this one elementary picture, the indescribable look on his face made me laugh a little.

"Hi pretty lady." He smiles lying back on his bed with his back against the headboard. "What do you need?"

"Time for school." I say warmly.

"Hell no, I'm tired." He groans.

"Please, I'm suppose to set a good example." I put my hands on his shoulders.

"I don't wanna go." He replies.

"Zayn!"

"I'm not going." He says in a raspy tone.

"Come on. For me." I smirk sweetly.

"That's my thing doll." He steals my word. I slap his arm playfully.

"Okay I'll go. But you have to wear one of my sweatshirts."

"Fine." I walk towards his closet. "Only because as Newcomers Assistant I-"

"You have to promote being on time to classes, I know." He quote.

I pick up the purple Jack Wills hoodie and pulled it on. It matches decently with my black leggings and black converse.

I dash to the stairs and out the door. I tap my foot anxiously waiting for Zayn.

"Come on boy you need the education!" I optimisstically cheer for him as he walked down the stairs.

"You're so preppy." He smirked.

"That's my thing." I grin.

***

~Zayn's POV~

I walk next to Mason in the cold winter atmosphere. I hear her shiver many times, I resist the urge to pull her into my embrace to keep her warm. She smiles at me a few times in reassurance that she was okay. Although the walk to our destination was silent, we didn't bother to start conversation because of how tired we were.

I watch her as she breathes out heavily just to watch her breath come out in a foggy figure then inhale it like it was smoke. I smile a little admiring how she could pull of my own hoodie better than I do. She has the gracefullness to her, but at the same time awkward. I guess that's what personality is all about.

"What?" Mason looks at me innocently.

"Nothing." I smile.

"I look stupid in this hoodie don't I." She almost whines.

"You look fine Mas, it suites you well." I pinch her cheek, she smiles at my newfound nickname.

Once we reach the gianormous building I hold the front door open for her and she thankfully walks through. Mason smiles before walking away.

***

~Mason Nicole's POV~

I apprehensively tap my pencil pleading for the bell to ring any moment soon. History wasn't my favorite class and it was my last class of the day, so I'm even more eager to leave. Mrs. Wright never passes up the chance to glance over at me and see if I'm on task. I battle to keep my eyes open, as soon as I slowly drifted off into sleep-