45. Avoiding.

~Mason Nicole's POV~

After Zayn and I's "dramatic" moment I   almost craved being in his arms. Listening to his voice over and over and 

Nope, I can't do this.

What actually happened is immediately after I realized how much I didn't want to be around him once he was near. So I told Niall I'd wait in the car to avoid speaking to Zayn. Which I fell asleep in. I wake up to a text from Col many hours later.

Col: where are you? are you okay?

Me: what do you mean?

Col: you told your mom you'd be home at 8, you've been out all night.

Me: I'm fine. thanks for checking in.

Col: Yep.

I almost let out a pathetic scoff, realizing that's the most he's said to me in weeks. It's been so bizarre that we haven't had cordial conversation, some days I forget and almost run and jump into his arms like some theatre scene. Frankly he's the only relationship I actually miss.

Frankly it makes me want to bawl my eyes out. But that's giving in more than I'll get out.

"Morning Mas." Niall pops into the car, handing me a small cup of coffee.

"Morning." I stretch out. "She's been in there all night?"

"Oh yeah." He sighs. "I wish I'd dropped you off at home, I was too bloody tired, sorry love."

"It's fine. I'm sure you were catching up with Zayn anyway." I lightly smile.

"You ready to go home?" He pulls out his keys.

"Yeah sure." I sigh.

Me: you in town?

Kade: Yeah, you told me I'm picking you up today.

Me: really? coincidence. I'm hungry though.

Kade: mk. I'll take you out for breakfast. I'll pick you up from your house in five.

"Kade? Like from the rave Kade? My mate?" Niall grins. "You still talk to him?"

"You could say that." I laugh.

"Wait are you guys fucking?" Niall gasps.

"No no no! Shut up!" I smack his arm.

"So after making out with him for hours then spending the weekend with him. You guys are just friends?" Nialls eyes widen.

"I mean, what's your qualification of a friend." I grin embarrassingly.

"Mason fucking Nicole." He laughs pinching my cheek. "I knew it."

"Leave me alone." I mumble as my cheeks turn red.

***

I immediately walk to a table and sit down facing Kade. I grin endearingly.