38. Becoming.

~Mason Nicole's POV~

"Be safe." Kade winks.

"You're pathetic." I laugh as I slam the car door.

"Princess." He says as I turn to walk away, I look back at him.

"Mason wouldn't be a terrible name to call me." I grin and he smirks.

"If you ever need anything, you know where to find me." His eyes fill with lust.

"I get that a lot." I wave lightly and walk away.

Niall: Did you hear?

Me: hear what?

Niall: zayn got two weeks added to his release date.

Me: okay.. why?

Niall: having sex and getting high on the premises, just thought I'd keep you updated(:

Me: I don't need to know about zayn(: , why are you actually telling me this?

Niall: Can I pick you up from the school so you can go and see him and talk him out of being an idiot?

Me: That's the psychologists and his parents' job, not mine. You as his friend can advise him to stop being an idiot though.

I walk to my locker and Ellie walks up to me. "You still pissed about the pills?"

"Not anymore." I grin. "I was feeling too party hyped, my bad."

"Good." She smiles. "Where were you all weekend?"

"On a weekend long hookup." A bit over exaggerated, but true.

"Was it with-" She stops in realization. "birthday boy?"

"Kade." I shove my books in my locker.

"I see, instead of bad boy you chose wild." She teases me. "I never saw it coming, Kade's like a little big brother to me."

"Ellie everyone is like a brother to you. I'm surprised you didn't consider Louis your brother"

"Yeah.." she trails off. "Zayn tried to buy adderalls off of Louis."

"Run it past Niall, he's about to go see him, maybe talk some sense into him."

"I don't think he'll listen to Niall."

"Then oh well." I push my locker shut and walk away.

***
Once schools ends I make my way to Devin's truck, once I get there he has a big grin on his face.

"It's a great day Masie." His eyes are bright.

"Why is that Devie?" I contagiously smile back.

"You're back to being you, I'm back to becoming a better me, I don't know, it's great." He nods. "I talked to my dad today, we're gonna be alright again."

"Devin that's amazing." I reach over to hug him. "That's really good I'm glad somebody's getting better."

"I'm glad you got the balls to move on. His dependence was unhealthy for you." He grins.

"He's trying to get my attention, I don't know why though."

"How?"

"Just doing stupid shit that my friends later tell me about"

"He's desperate for your attention whether you're yelling at him or kissing him. I used to do the same thing." He starts the car.

"That's stupid, 'cause all I do is yell at him." I gesture quickly.

"You know what you should do? "

"What?"

"Go down there, to Maudsley, go to Zayns room, where Niall is, tell him to come to the carnival with us, completely boast about some guy you're excited to see, just piss off Zayn." He explains.

"Where's the part in your plan where you give me a ride there?" I grin and he rolls his eyes before pulling out into the road.

I thank Devin for the ride before walking into the building and check in as a visitor. To my luck I walk in and Zayn and Niall are in there. But so is the rest of Zayn's family. Waliyha hugs me tightly and we let go so I can hug her mom and Niall.

"You didn't even say a word to your boyfriend." Zayns mom points out laughing and my eyes widen then look at Zayn.

"Totally just blew me off there babe." He jumps in quickly

"Yeah I know I'm just exhausted from walking around here, I got lost." I say as Niall stares nervously. "Plus I needed a moment to catch my breath from Waliyha's tight hug."

We all laugh. Zayn sits up as I walk towards him and I peck his cheek as he holds my waist. I feel almost repulsed at the situation.

"Mason I haven't seen you around here in a while." His mom pokes at my mind, finding more ways for me to lie to her.

"I just haven't had time, I've been helping plan the school carnival with Niall." I explain. "That's also why I'm here, I need Niall to come with me to the hardware store for some more parts for rides."

"Oh yeah we can do that right now." Niall says, Zayn starts to slide his hand up my thigh, I grip his wrists and move his hands off me completely.

"Alright let's go." I start to walk and Zayn grabs my hand and pulls me back into a long kiss. I pull away. "Bye guys"

"See ya' pretty lady." He yells out.

So much for pissing him off.

"I thought you guys b-"Niall catches up to my pace.

"Broke up? Yeah, we fucking did." I stomp. "He's so ridiculous, doing this on purpose, making me lie to his mom."

"Because he still has feelings for you, it'd make sense right?" He guesses.

"What is with you assuming Zayn still has redeeming qualities?" I almost laugh. "I mean look at him, he's selfish and reckless, the people who've been saying it aren't idiots. He's capable of being saved but he's fucked over everyone who's willing to." I get in Nialls car and slam the passenger door.

"You really think it's over for him?" He calms down as he gets in. "I mean, that's what you just said"

"I think that's what I'm saying." I think. "I just don't see any other way to go about keeping him from being so impulsive."

"So you're giving up?" He pulls into the road.

"Niall stop." I rub my temples. "You can't make me decide how I feel about this whole thing in two seconds."

"I don't mean to do this, it's just you and him are both confused about it. Somebody needs to understand it to fix it."

If only I could stop being known as Zayn's girlfriend.

"Mas your phones ringing." Niall brings my attention to the device on my lap.

"That's never happening again." I tell the expected person on the other line.

"That's fine. I told my mom once you guys left" Zayn says duly.

"Okay. Is that all you had to tell me?"

"No. I want to I guess apologize for the shit I put you through ever since the beginning. I just want to make it clear that none of my problems are your problems and vice versa. You deserve a life without someone trying to use you as a stable ground to walk on."

"Thank you." I almost question. "Goodbye."

"What happened?"

"I'm finally free." I almost grin.

"How do you know?"

"Because he's back to being the bastard I used to resent."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- Mason is freee(: . But there's always more to it. Summer is coming and I swear I'll update more than once a month ahah. Don't forget to like, comment, and share it if you liked it. Thanks for reading!

~LarrysAngels xx