Chapter-22

a/n: idk how many of you still remember this story, but anyways, here is an update after ages 😬👍🏻
_______________________________________

Author's POV

"Not untill you let me finish Jia." Jungkook declared. His deep brown orbs drilling into hers. His intense heavy gaze already giving her shivers.

The tips of his raven bangs drenched from the sweat beads that coated across forehead during all the jumps and runs he made to reach here before her. Few of'em gracefully rolled down his face, past his neck.

He inched his face closer to hers, his warm breaths fanning against her skin while his dark vanilla scent brushed against her nostrils.

Jia's breath hitched.

From the déjà vu.

The exact reason why she intentionally avoided him all these while.

Her nightmares.

She couldn't believe her eyes, that the weird thirsty nightmares that has been haunting her for the past one week was indeed occurring for real.

However, she denied to let that happen. She was 'the Jia' after all.

Thus, the girl slowly prepared her knee, aiming the 'balls', plotting her escape plan. It always works.

Her eyes still sharply locked with Jungkook's blazing ones. She was just a second away from sabotaging his manhood when suddenly....

"Please.." Jungkook uttered fragilely, breaking down infront of her out of the blue, taking off his intimidating self and exposing his vulnerable side. His eyes now rather pleading at her way than blazing.

"Just please listen to what I've to say atleast. Just once. Please Jia..." he said, voice exhausted as he slowly shut his eyes and slightly leaned his forehead on her shoulder, crumbling.

Jia got startled & stiffened all altogether at his unexpected action.

She peered down at him, that's when she noticed how much messy and tired Jungkook looked. His clothes were untidy just like his disheveled hair. Above all, his face looked dull and dry with the dark circles prominently sitting under his eyes.

"Please..." he frailly breathed out,
"I can't take this....you avoiding me. I just can't...not anymore." he slowly opened his eyelids, meeting Jia's partially puzzled and partially deciphering eyes plastered on to him.

In a different situation, to undergo her gaze this close might have made him blush. But now, all he could feel was pure anxiousness & agitation.

Oblivious to Jungkook, Jia slowly pulled down her knee, having a change of plan for escape now. Her brows knitting suspiciously, yet her eyes remained inscrutable as she gently placed her hand on Jungkook's drumming chest and slightly pushed him away, inviting a fair distance between their bodies without exchanging any particular words.

Jungkook heart dropped, thinking his plead went in waste. His all hope drowning, untill when...

"Explain." she said, handing him that one last chance for which he was throbbing for. "From the beginning."

°°

And Jungkook did.

He did explain from the very beginning. Starting from the first time he saw her from that park to the day he met her back again in Seoul.

Everything. He revealed everything.

The way he found her mental at first, the way he began to adore it later, the way she managed to make his heart feel at ease during his down time.