CHAPTER-11

Author's POV

Jungkook curled his fingers and retrieved his hand back at her thundering roar.

Jia.

She looked terrifying. Too terrifying that his lungs failed to function anymore along with his heart which seems to stop their beats at her words.

Such despise. Such hatred.

All thrown at his way. Or at least, that is how Jungkook percieved it.

"I-I am sorry." Gulping down he uttered quietly, soo quietly as his tongue felt heavy along with his shoulders. He was trying his best to not stutter "I didn't mean to...I uh-"
Junkook tried to find the words but only silence spelled out of his lips for the effect of her unalarmed outburst was still stinging him deeper on the inside. All he wanted was to help her. But now, her sudden reaction made him doubt himself.

Jia didn't utter a word after that. She just stood there like a breathing mannequin, coldly staring at him.

Silence wrapped them both again. Neither of them made a move, neither of them said a word. Few more moments, Jia's shoulders seems to drop as she shut her eyes and sucked in a longgg breath before parting her lips slowly to speak,"Just go Jungkook. Leave." She spoke with a lower octave, as if terribly trying to calm the storm thrashing inside of her. "Please~" She whispered breathing out.

Jungkook blinked his eyes a few times, registering her words, her features. Her lips told him to leave, but her whole body pleaded for help, torn and wounded, bleeding from the pain. How could he possibly leave her like that? In such a state? Jungkook being Jungkook, would never do that. Ever. Only if Jia had a clue of about how much he used to adored her, way before she knew him herself.

"I-I can't. Look at yourself. Ho-How can I-? No." He uttered, keeping in mind to not make a move from his spot or reach out to her, not wanting to scare her off again, "Jia, Listen,
We ne-need to go to the hospital orels-"

"No!" She quickly stopped him right then and there, too quick "I am not going anywhere. I am not stepping out of this place!!" She mumbled "The-they all are out there.. they.. they are waiting..I-I can't. I won't." She muttered under her breath holding herself, tightly clutching over the dirty fabric that enveloped her chest, as if she was trying to shield herself from something.

"Th-They...?" Knitting his brows, Jungkook cluelessly watched her, trying to make sense. Meanwhile Jia continued to mumble incoherent things to herself again and again, as if it was only her in the apartment and Jungkook's presence never existed in the first place.

"Jia, There is no one. I do-don't understand. What you are saying?" But his words seems to meet her deafened ears for she was too lost in her own thoughts, unfazed by his words as she kept mumbling things that made no sense by walking back and forth. Her eyes darting to right and left while she snatched her head in frustratiom, shaking it to the either sides, whispering things to the thin air.

"Jia, you are scaring me." Jungkook confronted. Yes, the girl infact was freaking the hell out of him by now and he had no idea what to do.

The girl was barely paying any attention to him. Unknowingly, Jungkook was about to take one step towards her as he spoke,"Please,
Speak to me Jia. Just ple-"

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" One movement of his muscles, and Jia was back on fire as she screamed her lungs out giving the latter goosebumps.

Jungkook paused. Halted at his spot. Shivering at the power her voice held. Beyond all, the pain, the silent plead that miserably hid behind her scream, behind those terrifying eyes that she seems to portray bluntly. She was burning, burning only to crumble down into ashes for she was hurting from the inside. It was obvious to him, loud and clear for the boy who have been following her for the past couple of months, observing, noticing, studying every bits and pieces of her, connecting every ends of them. Thus he could decipher atleast a portion of what she was trying to hide, atleast more than she expected him to.