CHAPTER-6

Author's POV

It had been a week since the university has welcomed the freshers. The students embraced the brand new phase of their life with great energy and enthusiasm. Each of the foot that stepped inside the campus carrying their dreams and expectations to which they swore to give life inorder to weave their desired future one day were the ones with the most brightest faces, their zealous reflected in their eyes. They recieved their university life with open arms. As for the others, they didn't had any other choice but mimic a zombie walking to their impending doom.

The university was large and luxurious endowed with expanded libraries, lecture halls, residence halls,
student centers, canteens and its well maintained environment with park like settings and wide play grounds and courts.

Both Jia and Lisa took literature degree. Jia loved books unlike Lisa, who found it boring but still opted the same as she found other subjects more boring. Junkook and Jimin was also in the same university, but in different departments. Jimin chose science, while Junkook was into Fine arts.

Hoseok belonged to the senior batch. With him and Lisa in company, Jia felt at ease. She was slowly getting adjusted to the new ambience of the diverse university.

Most of the lunch breaks was spent together by them. Jimin and Junkook also accompanied the trio. With days passing, they grew closer to each other, forming their own small weird squad. Well, Junkook was still kind of reserved, but always there for his friends when ever they were in need. Especially for Jia.

He has already surpassed his jittery skittish state around her, and has even mustered up the courage to interact with her slowly, not without difficulty though.

Junkook was never good with words, atleast for the ones who doesn't knew him properly. Whenever a conversation surges up, he would simply pretend like he is listening, when exactly he will be spiritualy wandering around the astral world created by his own imagination. He paid lack of attention when others spoke, most of it which he found as nothing but bickering, especially when his friendzone was combined with three crackheads like Jimin, Hoseok and Lisa.

But when it came to Jia, it was different, he was different. He listened. He listened to every single word that she spoke, finding them fascinating, as if she shared a piece of her thought, her perception about the world. The more he got to knew, the more he was drawn into the girl, making him desperate to acknowldge himself even more about her.

The elegancy and gracefulness of her thoughts captured him in ways he never knew.

But ofcourse, the girl was oblivious about this secret adimirer. Junkook wanted to learn more about her. The curiosity that once contained him was now hushly transforming into something more, something else about which he himself was unaware of.

____

"Junkook,what are you doing in there?" Lisa asked in the middle of a conversation that they were having about some stupid topic, to which Junkook paid no attention.

"Drawing something, pfft..obviously!"
Jimin shrugged.

"Really? What are you drawing? Show me" amused, she tried to peek inside his book.

"Ahem, No-nothing. It's just an assignment" clearing his throat Junkook quickly closed his sketch book. His eyes darted to Jia who was also curiously looking at him. Gulping down nervously, he stood up from his seat, ready to leave in a hurry.

"Why don't you sketch me for once in your life Junkook? How many times I have offered you this chance, to be your model! For free! You always refuse it. Am I that handsome? Are my facial features that much complex for your finger tips?" Jimin ran his fingers through his hair, leaning back on the chair as he teased the other with a smug smile.