CHAPTER-14

Author's POV

Time ticked away into minutes and into hours as the two young indivuduals dwelled into a blissful conversation.

They talked about things, casual stuffs related to their life. To be precise, it was Jungkook who did most of the talking part and Jia just listened.

Yes, she listened to the boy who used to never speak in the first place, as if he had got something stuck in his throat. Not to her, not to Lisa, not to Hoseok, may be a bit to Jimin perhaps. She was used to him being in mute.

And yet, here he was.

The boy just wouldn't stop talking. He had so much to tell her, it was like he didn't knew from where to begin. And Jia watched him, listened to his every single word, paying him full attention with a gentle smile bloomed on her lips.

There was so much about Jungkook that she didn't know of. So much that fascinated her. She learned more about him in these past couple of days
than in a whole month spent with him in the campus.

And she simply listened, as Jungkook just kept on talking and talking.

To be honest, Junkook was keeping Jia's head busy with other thoughts. He tried his best to not stutter infront of her as he spoke about random things. He spoke about his love for art, music, sports, his ambition, the silly little fights he and Jimin get into for no specific reasons...he spilled them all, making her laugh.

But never did he ever speak about the earlier incident that happened to her, as if it didn't even take place in the first place. And never did he ever let her go back into those painful memories, not again.

Jungkook made sure of it.

In the midst of keeping her mind busy, Jungkook was infact enjoying their little conversation. It has been a longggg time that he've ever spoken to some one for this long, and a longer time that he had genuinely any reason to laugh from his heart, unlike now. With her.

Time passed again like butterflies, beating their wings joyously.

Few more minutes, and Jia's eyelids turned heavy and drowsy as she listened to him speaking, like a sweet lullaby.

Few more minutes, and her eyes finally gave up to the heaviness, slowly letting them fall as she stepped into a deep peaceful slumber.

When Jungkook realised that it was only him who has been talking for a while, he faced her, only to find her already floating in her dreamland. Head hanging to one side, towards her shoulder, lashes bowing down, hands fallen free on her lap, lips a thin line apart from one another as she breathed slow and steadly.

Jungkook smiled to himself at the serene view.

It was almost 8pm, and it was funny how both of them didn't realise when the time flew

Getting up from the cushioned stool, Jungkook bent down to the bed, slowly pulling her body down from the wooden head board were she was leaning all these while, and gently placed her head on the pillows. He lifted the soft grey blanket from her feet, up to her chest, tucking her carefully.