CHAPTER-9

Author's POV

Just after locking the door, Jia's knees finally gave up on the fake act of holding herself up and crashed down to the floor, having no more energy to handle the burden of her heaving heart. She leaned her back on the wooden frame before sliding down. She bent forward, clutching her clothed chest and sat on the floor,  staring into the blank space. Her vision got blurred by the bitter tears that welled up in the corners of her almond eyes. She could still hear her heart hammering vigorously inside her ribcage for her body was still shaking from the prior incident.

She felt violated and it stung her heart in ways only a girl will understand.

Jia brought her palms to her head, pressing them against her face as if she wanted to hide from everything and everyone. She couldn't hold on anymore. She knew that she was at the brink of breaking down.

As the first tear broke down, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. All the tears, all the whimpers she forcefully held inside of her till now, drowning herself in it; she let them all out and free. Her heart clenched from the inside. The pain was too much for her to handle alone. It was not just the pain but the disgusting feeling that was crawling under her skin.

She cursed the time when she moved back to this country, leaving her pretty good life in London. Never have she ever had such an experience before. Only if she could run back into there, her old life where everything was just perfect and fine.

She began to cry her lungs out. She tried to stop as they seem to don't end. But that only made it even more worse. She choked in between her own tears, coughing as her lungs rose and fell. She wanted to get up, but her knees didn't help at all. She brought her legs closer to her chest, wrapped them with her own arms and rested her forehead down on her knees, trying to comfort herself.

She didn't want to be weak, not infront of anyone else atleast. This is what made her to manage herself infront of Junkook, to not reveal how scared and broken she was on the inside, and she kept up to her words. He had done enough, and she couldn't ask for more, neither did she ever wanted to.

Kim Jia missed her mom, her dad. She wished she could run back into their arms, the safest place in this whole world for her.

'You are going to have great days ahead. Trust me'.

-Her father's words came running back into her mind like a flash.

Only if he knew...

She cried hard. She felt like her lungs would burst any minute now. She tried to stop. She did. But all her effort only went in vain. She quickly tried to gather herself and picked up her cell phone from her bag. Her attempts taking longer time as her hands trembled and struggled to hold the phone properly. She dialed the number, the one among the only two voices that she wants to hear right now, knowing it can definitely pull her back into the track.

Two long ring and the opposite line picked up the call.

"Jia?"

"Mm..m-mo-mom" her voice trembled despite her strong attempts to not waver.

"What is it? I take one good minute to get a peaceful nap and the whole world had to stop me from it! First your father and now you!! What a perfect timing!"  Her mom welcomed her in the only warm way she knows.

"....SS..Sorry.."

"Don't you 'SORRY' me like always. Wait a sec, didn't you tell you have special class today?
Are you allowed to use your phone during the class?
Wait, you skipped your class??
Oh Jia..!! Don't tell me!"
her mom begain to bark at her from the other end of the line.