5.

October 29th, 2016.

I knew the alarm would go off if I broke the emergency exit but I had no other choice. I went close to it and was about to hit it open with my bare hands.
(A/n:-Your perfect hands dude. Your hands scream perfection-)

I stopped when I heard a beep sound. I looked at the glass door ahead. It opened and a man came out. I thought of trespassing but decided against it. The security guard came running to catch hold of me, as the man was glaring at me.

"Listen Mr. Whoever are you. Do you know a particular y/n working here?" I threatened the guy.
"Y/n? I'm not sure. I'm new here. What's with her now?"

"Dude. I'm her husband. She works in in the 2 pm to 10 pm shift in this very office, in this cubicle. It's 11:30 now and she has still not reached home. Her phone is not reachable. It's switched off and I- could you please check if she's in?" I ranted nonstop.

"I don't even know who she.." I grabbed him by his collar before he could finish and then since the people around me started gathering, I let go of him.

"If not you, someone else might surely be knowing her whereabouts. Just go in and CHECK, NOW!" I ordered him. He agreed and I went along with him.

The security guard understood the gravity of the situation and didn't prevent me further from entering through the door. I looked back at him and thanked him.

The guy ran straight to his manger and asked him if he knew y/n.
"Y/n? Small? Short hair? Fair?" Said the manager.
"Yes, do you know her?" He continued.

"I do." He replied casually.
"Do you know where she sits?" I interupted him.

He gave me a look that said, 'who the hell are you' and replied saying,
"She usually sits there" he said pointing to a seat rows away and continued, "may I know who are you?" I didn't respond to him and ran towards her desk, but to my dissapointment found a guy sitting there.

"Y/n? She sits here, right? Who are you?" I gasped.
"She usually leaves before I come. We both share this system and I didn't see her today." He said not knowing why I sounded so desperate.

I couldn't take it anymore.
"Have any of you fucking seen her today?" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

There was dead silence. Everyone in the office stopped working for a second and then looked at me, stunned. I was furious like a crouching tiger with an itch. The manager tried to console me.

I explained my situation to him. He immediately dialed Hyunjin, the coach who worked in y/n's shift. The call was on speaker.

"Hello, tell me sir" Hyunjin spoke.
"Hyunjin, tell me what time did y/n leave her office today?"

"Um I'm not sure of the time but it was early. I'm sure of that."
"Early as in? What time?" The manager continued to enquire.

"Early as in, after dinner, I think. She left for dinner and that was the last time I saw her for the day." He said.
"What time exactly?" I pinched in and reiterated the question, as every word of his sent shivers down my spine.

"Around 8 pm, why? Any problem? And who's this by the way?" He enquired on hearing my voice.
"Nothing, Hyunjin. You go and sleep. Sorry to disturb you."

I felt like the spinning world suddenly came to a screeching halt under my feet. I couldn't stand properly and was weak in my knees, lost my balance, slipped and fell down. A few people ran towards me, sprinkled water on my face, gave me some water to drink and sat around me. I was shivering and was on the verge of crying. I felt a surge of pain at the back of my head where I was operation for concussion.