9.

Her face turned pale. I thought that she was about to scream and slap me. Then to my surprise, she took the rose and card from me.
"Thank you." She spoke.
"That's it? Is that a yes?"
"Yes of course." She replied.

I didn't know how to respond.
"Like really?"
"Yes boy. And... happy April fool's." She said giving me a look of sarcasm.
I had to react immediately to change the situation in my favour. I didn't want to make a fool of myself and also didn't want to lose my friendship with her.

"YAAAHHHH I was supposed to prank you and not the other way around. Hmph." I pouted and shook my head. She ruffled my hair and left before whispering, "keep trying."

I felt rescued from the guillotine at the moment. I let out a sigh and called jungkook, telling him the whole story. That little shit was laughing at me. Jimin was by my side telling me not to lose hope. I decided to follow the latter.

I dared not to talk to her for a while and kept avoiding any eye contact with her. She seemed to have taken the incident lightly and didn't change her behaviour towards me. I was more than glad for this. The next time I talked to her was after a month and also the last day before our session ends. We were the last batch, hence everyone was bidding farewells to each other.

"Write something." I handed my booklet to Yeonha.
"What should I write? April fool's?" She smiled.
"As you wish." I was definitely awkward
"Keep smiling always and make your dreams come true." She wrote.

***

After a long time ;)

Time flew by and I had moved away from the constant thoughts of Yeonha.

One fine evening I found her note which she had written on the last day of our session. My mind was filled with her thoughts again. She just had this power over me.

Christmas was around the corner and I was out shopping with a few of my classmates. We were heading for lunch when one of our classmates joined us casually. She studied in the same college as Yeonha.

"Wait so you know Yeonha? She studies there too.. Shin Yeonha.. my height and fair?"

"Shin Yeonha? I mean are you referring to Lee Yeonha?"
"No no. Shin Yeonha."
"I don't know her full name. People call her lee Yeonha. Lee is her boyfriend's first name."

"What?" I mumbled.

She had a boyfriend? I wasn't convinced at all.
"I think you're mistaken. There might be some other Yeonha you're talking about."
"Bro. There is just one Yeonha studying in my batch and she is committed to Lee suho, I legit see them at the cafeteria everyday. In fact everyone knows it."

I did not know how to react. I was shocked, confused and disappointed. my friends who were with me back then knew about my crush on yeonha and started making fun of me. I could not believe that my love story which started on April fools day finally ended up making me a real fool.

I wasn't really sure if I should ask Yeonha about her boyfriend or confess my feelings for her. After a lot of thought and advices from Jimin. I decided to text her.

Me: hey Yeonha watcha doing?

Yeonha: my morning starts with coffee so yeah imma drinking that ;)

Me: okay I wanted to ask you something. Not sure how'd you take it but I can't help. May I?

Yeonha: sure go ahead.