8.

2014.

I wasn't sure if it was winter or autumn then, but a fresh breeze of spring engulfed me, when I saw her sitting along with her friends in the front row ahead us.

She was clad in a pencil skirt with a white crop top, had long hair, thick eyebrows, sharp nose and attractive lips with a beautiful smile. We were in the auditorium attending a stupid lecture. After that was supposed to be a dance event where everyone was present waiting for their teams to perform.

When ours came, we were shouting till our vocal chords cracked, some were so excited and started bouncing here and there. I spotted her closing her ears unable to bear this much noise. The performance got the loudest applause.

After they left, we were here speaking facts about how good they were, when the girl turned and spoke to me, basically just me.

"Excuse me." She said.
"Yes?"

"You're being loved." She said without any reaction on her face.
"Come again?" I told her. She said the same words again.

"You're being loved." She stressed on the last word. I was flattered. A beautiful girl I was secretly admiring, said she loves me? So soon? And that too in front of everyone. Wow.

I sat back and thought how to inform this to mom. She just turned away looking confused after telling me that she loves me. I was sure I wasn't hearing things. That's why I even asked her to repeat herself in case I heard something wrong. I never wanted to have any sort of misunderstanding.

But then why hasn't she turned back since telling this to me? Why is she behaving like some teenage girl and not speaking anything further after confessing to me?

To be honest, I felt good. I mean who wouldn't if they admire a beautiful girl from far and within minutes, she confesses in front of everyone. Should I ask her out? Should I wait for her to initate the first move?

I probably should. Because whether it be the fact that she likes me, I'll wait for her signal because I don't want to embarrass myself.

Amongst my thoughts I heard a cry from the spectators for some dancers of the other college.

'hah why are they being so loud', I thought.

Crap.

Now that I think about it, she was telling to keep it low because I was being loud and not loved.

And here my stupid ass thought that I got a confession from this beautiful girl this soon. The performance ended and the teachers were giving out awards. I looked around to find her missing. She was gone. I wonder why she wasn't wearing the uniform and identity card. Heck, I don't even know her name.

She must have been in some dance performance I missed, for I spotted another group of girls with the almost same outfit. I looked around to find her but couldn't. I felt like a loser. Was it that I had a crush on her? Pfatt. I didn't do anything further to find her whereabouts in the following days but neither could I get her out of my mind.

Some months later,

It was my first day at the renounced tution centre. We were the last batch to have an exams after which the internship started. I joined the coaching centre along with some friends.

I was awestruck to see that same girl again. A inexplicable happiness and a sense of satisfaction of having found her engulfed me. I always believed that Karma is an ARMY. So it's obvious for them to do things which make us happy. Heck they always want us happy.