Lover

... Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?

With every guitar string scar on my hand

DC didn't usually creep on Texas when he was playing his guitar but he had just come out of his office for more coffee and found Texas sitting on the lovechair playing his guitar humming a tune under his breath. The fed leaned against the entry that connected the living room to the kitchen and smiled, listening to Texas play so beautifully, his hands strumming the chords like he was born to use that guitar. Texas suddenly glanced up and, without missing a beat, smiled at DC.

"I-I'm sorry I was just..." DC muttered trying to come up with an excuse.

"C'mere sugar." Texas said softly, patting the seat next to him. "Let me play you something."

I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover

"Alright come here!" In a swoop, DC felt himself being picked up like a sack of potatoes and thrown over New York's shoulder.

"YORKIE STOP." DC said with a giggle but not really resisting him.

"Nope! I scored a touchdown, and got the prince." New York teased. He adjusted DC in his arms until he was carrying DC like a princess.

"My hero." DC mocked before the two leaned in and kissed softly and gently.

"Can we go back to playing the game?" Pennsylvania yelled as Maryland 'awwwed' from the deck.

"Quiet! I'm giving the prince mouth-to-mouth!" New York yelled making DC snort. The two leaned in to kiss again.

"God we're never finishing." Massachusetts muttered before being gently shoved.

"You leave them alone!" Maryland chastised as the two continued to kiss.

My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue

All's well that ends well to end up with you

"I know what friends are! RIght Oregon?"

DC watched as Oregon turned his head away from California, to a few snickers from around the table. California sighed, defeated, and DC had enough.

"We're taking a break everyone." DC announced. All the states around them got up and began leaving the room; Oregon and Washington joining the crowd clearly making under the breath jokes about California. DC waited until everyone was gone until scooching closer to California, who hadn't moved.

"Poppy...."

"Why does everyone hate me?" California whimpered and DC brought him in close.

"We love you poppy." DC pointed out kissing the top of his head.

"When will you get sick of me?" California whispered.

"Never. Because you're just important as Florida, or Louisiana or any of our other partners. We would never leave you." DC whispered kissing the top of California's head again, wishing he could take away all of his pain.

Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover

And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me

"Okay wait, wait I got one." Louisiana laughed at a restaurant bar.

"You won't beat my dirty nun joke." DC said with a smirk taking a swig of his beer.

"You wanna try me sha?" Louisiana said with a wink before clearing his throat. "An old woman walked into a dentist's office, took off all her clothes, and spread her legs. The dentist said, "I think you have the wrong room." "You put in my husband's teeth last week," she replied. "Now you have to remove them." DC choked on his beer and struggled to swallow and laugh at the same time.

"LOUI."

"Like that, huh? Got it from Coco." Louisiana said proudly.

"I need you around my office so you can tell me bad jokes when things are awful." DC said with a snicker.

"I'm just a phone call away darlin'." Louisiana smiled softly, taking a sip of his drink and patting DC's knee, making the fed blush.

And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover

DC walked into the meeting room, already exhausted and he hadn't even said anything yet. He was functioning off three hours of sleep and wanted this meeting to be done so he could go cuddle with one of his boyfriends and nap. DC took a sip of his coffee and noticed that Jonathan, one of his new interns, was sitting at the head of his table in his seat. Not out of malice, of course, Jonathan was a sweet kid and probably just didn't know.

The fed sighed and was about to pull up another chair when he heard someone clearing their throat.

"Hey Johnny boy." Florida said with a grin leaning on the table.

"Please stop calling me that." Jonathan begged.

"You're new here, and you probably didn't know, but that's DC's seat. So ya know, get up." Florida ordered smiling his most chaotic grin. Jonathan quickly scrambled up and Florida hummed pleased with himself.

"I'm so sorry." DC whispered to Jonathan who went to find another seat before sitting down at his designated one. He looked at Florida who was still grinning at his spot at the table and couldn't help but return his grin.

Mom and dad always sat across from each other.