Your Complexion Will Bring All the Boys In

California got out of his car and waited for his boyfriend to get out of the passenger's seat.

"So what is this store called?" DC asked closing his door.

"Ulta. It's got everything." California explained taking DC's hand.

"And they'll....they'll be okay if...."

"Course they will baby." California whispered, kissing DC's cheek. "Make up literally has no gender."

"So....we're make up then?" DC asked, making California laugh.

"My gender today is make-up." California said, making DC smile. It'd been a couple days since California was introduced to the type of make-up DC liked to put on, and while of course he had nothing wrong with Dollar Tree or TJ Max make-up it was clear his boyfriend was limited by the choices they had. The foundation didn't match, the blush was a deep plum, and the eyeshadow palette had no pigment whatsoever. It was right then and there that California decided to spoil DC and buy him make-up that he could actually use, make-up that matched his skin tone and actually worked. California stepped inside the Ulta with DC, and caught DC taking a shaky breath.

"O-kay. I've been in an Ultra. We can go now." DC announced, beginning to turn away.

"Aht, rosie stop. First off, it's Ulta, second you don't have anything to fear." California pointed out squeezing DC's hand. The fed looked around at the various shelves of make-up brands, eyes wide like a candy at the candy store.

"Can we look at those?" DC whispered pointing to a row of shelves.

"Course rosie, anything you want." California whispered, kissing DC's head and letting him lead him over to the shelves. After directing him away from the Morphe shelves, he let him look through the various Nyx, Maybelline, and other drug store make-up, smiling softly as DC picked up the products in wonder.

"Do I need primer?" DC asked.

"You should get some just in case." California said taking the tester from DC. "What type is your skin." Things went quiet between the two.

"Skin?" DC whispered and California laughed.

"Let's just get you this pore filler for now and see what happens." California snickered putting the bottle in the basket. "Okay, we need to ask someone to help color match you."

"S-Someone....oh no it's fine...."

"Rosie it's fine." California said squeezing DC's hand. "They're used to it, hang on I'll find someone." With one final hand squeeze, California walked off leaving DC alone in the aisle. DC tried to remain distracted by all the make-up, intrusive thoughts telling him that the salesperson would just laugh at California and kick them both out.

"Rosie." California called making DC glance up. His boyfriend was standing in front of him with an overly-eager salesperson with a strange machine in her hand.

"Peter here says you need a foundation match." The salesperson said with a smile.

"I-If you can." DC mumbled, taking California's hand.

"Course! I can just scan you with this and we'll figure it out." The salesperson announced. DC would never admit in a million years that he flinched when the strange handheld machine touched his face, but nothing happened. No shock, no pain, just the cold machine against his skin.

"Do you know your skin type hon?" The salesperson asked taking the machine off.

"Skin?" DC asked innocently.