Complete

A hard partier

A chaos gremlin

A no-nonsense cowboy

A self-righteous chatterbox

A sealed off asshole

"You should've seen this guy, prancing in like he owned the place. Oh and he tried to buy me with gold, gold for fucks sake. I haven't been potentially courted with gold since the nineties, these people need to step it up."

A fed should have no relationship with those beneath their station. They only deserve the best, the personification of the United States government deserves the best, and only marriages for political gain will ever do.

"God and then he tried to hit on IDC on the way out, she nearly killed him. Gov said he was going to, but he's all talk."

And yet DC chose them, Louisiana, Florida, Texas, California, and New York. He chose them over the many other governments of the world, the princes, the dukes, the princesses, all being thrown at him since he came of age. The five still couldn't understand it.

"Anyway that should be it for the suitors for now unless IDC has another meeting with a world leader. Which she does in like two days, so I assume someone's coming with them."

All Louisiana could think about was drinking and partying, Florida had one mode and it was chaos, Texas didn't like playing games and wanted things straight and to the point, California couldn't shut up at times and cared about social issues, and New York liked seven people and closed himself off to the world. Why them? Why did DC like them?

"What's going on back at the Statehouse?"

DC wasn't like those other stuffy politician types, sure but he was still a politician. The heir to one of the greatest governments of the western world. He was on the pulse of everything happening, worked alongside presidents and got to meet the most fascinating people, and yet he stooped so low to dating five states?

"No Florida please, I can't handle any chaos right now even from this far away."

The main five suspected that once the right suitor came along, that'd be the end of their relationship. DC would see he was wrong by dating mere states and go with someone better suited to his stature. And y'know what? They wouldn't blame him. He deserves better then they could ever give him.

"So the house is still intact and no one tried to kill one another? Thank GOD."

And yet, when DC smiled at one of them, or cuddled in bed, or when one of them woke up to DC in their arms, they would realize how devastated they would be if DC ever left. How the circle wouldn't feel full again, how much he completed them. They just wished they could be better for him. Louisiana wished he could get serious, Florida wished he could stop the chaos, California wished he'd just shut up sometimes, Texas wished he'd be more open minded and New York wished he could open himself up to people.

"I got to go, Gov's up my ass for something. I'll Facetime you all tonight, okay? I love you."

California smiled on the other end of the phone, trying to keep the tears and intrusive thoughts away.

"We love you too."

A hard partier

A chaos gremlin

A no-nonsense cowboy

A self righteous chatterbox

A sealed off asshole

A fed

They all completed each other.