5

---(two days later)---Avengers pov:

For the past two days the Avengers have been working around the clock to try and find the mystery girl, Tony was complaining non-stop about it. It had never taken him this long to find anyone and he wasn't having it. The team (minus Stark who was late as usual) was currently sitting in the conference room because Director Fury had called an emergency meeting.

"Stark fashionably late as always I presume?" Fury called out as he entered the room, the annoyance was evident in this voice.

"Well, what else is new?" Tony's voice called out behind him as he also entered the room and sat down at his usual chair around the table.

"Glad you could finally join us Stark" Tony smirked at Fury but remained silent.

"Robbie Johnson," Fury said as he threw two files down on the table in front of them.

"He was found this morning with the information from the Hydra base you raided two days ago," Fury added as he put his hands behind his back. "I need you guys to interrogate him." With that, the one-eyed man left the room, leaving the Avengers shocked and confused.

"Wait... Clint, didn't you say it was a girl who stole the information?" Nat asked as she examined one of the files.

"Yeah, it was," Clint responded looking over her shoulder at the file she was reading.

"Maybe she sold the information?" Bucky questioned as he picked up the other file.

"That's definitely one way to get money." Stark scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Let's go see what we can get from him," Steve said, getting to his feet and exiting the room with the Avengers trailing behind him.

-----

The Avengers were looking through the one-way mirror in the interrogation room as Natasha entered to try and scare Mr. Johnson into confessing.

"Where did you get this information?" Natasha questioned in a firm voice that made Robbie tremble slightly.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about." He responded, not looking her in the eye.

"Well, we both know that's a lie." Nat scoffed as she sat down in the chair across from him. Robbie visibly gulped which caused Nat to have to hold in a chuckle, there was no way that this was the man who had stolen the information from the Hydra base.

"So let's skip the stalling and get right to the point, shall we?" Nat smirked as Robbie gulped again and nodded his head slightly.

"It was a girl." Robbie started in a shaky voice.

"What girl?" Nat shot at him and he jumped in his chair.

"She does the missions, for money."

"Do you know her name?"

"People call her The Emerald Assassin Robbie answered as he finally looked Nat in the eyes.

"And how does The Emerald Assassin get these missions?" Nat questioned him further as Tony sent JARVIS to look into the girl.

"She had a website, she works for the highest bidder."

"And how much did you pay her to collect this information?"

"A few thousand dollars, a high price to pay but she never fails." Nat sighed as she squared her shoulders and looked Robbie right in the eyes.

"Where do I find this website of hers?"

"I can't tell you." His voice started shaking even more and he stared down at his fingers.

"You can't tell me?" Nat's interest peaked.