37

Ashlyn's pov:

Steve and Ash were sitting in the living room of the Avengers Tower.

"I guess it's just you now Cap," Ash said as she took another sip of the water Steve had given her.

Steve and Ash had watched the recording from the security cameras that showed the Hydra agents entering the building. They had put a smoke bomb in each bedroom that had knocked the Avengers out. Ash had to admit it was a pretty decent plan.

The elevator doors opened and the one and only Director Fury walked out. He walked over to where Steve and Ash were sitting on the couch and sat down.

"We need a plan," he said, getting straight to the point. "Your teammates have been taken and you need to get them back"

Ash rolled her eyes and pointed at Steve, "his teammates, not mine"

Fury was giving her a calculated look, "I hear that you have a special group of assassins after you, you help us get the Avengers back and we'll help you get rid of your problem"

"You Avengers and your deals," Ash said with an annoyed tone but in reality, she was thinking very hard. Oliver had managed to somehow Kidnap the 'strongest people in the world'. She had underestimated how much he wanted her dead.

"Do we have a deal?" asked Fury. Ash was reminded of when Steve had made that deal with her about the meeting. That seemed forever ago.

"Deal" Ash sighed in defeat and stood up. "I have a few calls I need to make"

----(time skip)----

Half an hour later, Maya, Liam, and Jack were walking through the elevator doors. Fury had left a while ago to go "attend to business" so Steve and Ash had been trying to come up with a plan ever since.

"Ash you need to stop getting yourself into these situations," Maya said sternly.

Steve stood up and held out his hand "Steve Rogers." He said as Jack took his hand and shook it.

"Jackson"

Steve looked down at Liam, he looked at Ash, and then back to Liam, as if he wasn't sure why there was a literal child standing in front of him.

"That's Liam, Maya's brother. He's good with machines and stuff" Ash said and Steve nodded.

"Avengers kidnapped? Oliver really wants you dead eh?" Said Jack with a slight chuckle, Maya elbowed him in the ribs and Liam snorted.

"Maya I need you to look in databases and try and find where the Avengers are being held" Maya nodded and took the laptop out of her backpack, getting to work.

----(time skip)-----

They had a plan, Steve, Ash, and Jack were going to go to the base and rescue the Avengers while Liam and Maya stayed at the tower and navigated them through the base. Ash was currently sitting in the back on the quinjet. Jack was sitting beside her and Steve was flying the jet. Ash was connecting the three comms they had to the one Maya was wearing back at the tower.

"Two minutes till landing" Steve's voice rang out from the front of the jet. Ash sighed and handed one of the comms to Jack. She stood up and walked to the front of the jet, she handed another one of the comms to Steve.

"Hydra knows we're coming, we'll most likely be riding into heavy fire," Steve said as Jackson also came up to them.

"Nothing we haven't done before," Jack said casually.

Something in Ash's mind was making her worry.

"Jack you do realize that if you do this, Oliver will know you aren't loyal to the Orphanage anymore, he'll want you dead just as much as me"

Jack just smiled at her, "once we get rid of the orphanage, I'll be free. I'll never have to go on one of those stupid missions for Hydra ever again"

Ash smiled back at him and pushed the worry to the back of her mind, they had this in the bag.

------------

Ash had killed the few guards standing outside the base. The three of them jogged quietly down the halls, killing anyone who saw them.

"There are many possible rooms your teammates could be in" Came Maya's voice from the comms. "There's a room coming up on your right"

Ash turned right and entered the large room with Steve and Jack following behind her. Ash took a few more steps into the room and turned the safety off her gun. The room seemed to empty but Ash's senses were telling her differently. Ash was proven correct when more than a hundred agents circled around them. Ash frowned, they were definitely outnumbered and Ash had already used her invisibility a lot today, she didn't know how much more she could use it without getting tired.

"I've located the Avengers"

"Yeah, I'm gonna need you to hold that thought," Ash said to the earpiece.

She was carefully looking around at the agents gathering around them. More and more agents were arriving each minute. Ash wasn't sure who started it, but there were suddenly bullets raining down on them from every direction. Ash was dodging bullets, knives, punches, and kicks coming from all over the place. From the corner of her eye, she could see Steve and Jack fighting their way through the agents. Ash was starting to consider what Maya had always said, Why did she always get herself in these situations?