17

Avenger's pov:

"One of the main Hydra bases was just cleared out, almost every guard was dead, and the ones that survived ran away. One of the Hydra leaders, Tristan was also found dead." The Avengers were sitting in the conference room while Fury was telling them about a Hydra base in Canada.

"Do we know who did it?" asked Steve

"I wish I knew, but I'm going to leave that part up to you guys to figure out. We took some pictures of what the base looked like when we got there." With that Fury left. Tony opened the files with the pictures on them and the team looked through them. "Wait...these bullet holes look oddly familiar"

"Like the guards at the last Hydra base," Bucky added to her thinking.

"What? Do you think Ashlyn did this?" Asked Clint

"Maybe it was another mission?" suggested Sam.

"She couldn't have taken on a whole Hydra base by herself," Said Steve.

"But that doesn't explain the other pictures," Said Nat as she pointed to one of the pictures. In the picture, there were dead Hydra agents everywhere but in the center is what looked to be an explosion.

"Bombs," said Tony.

"Maybe she had help?" asked Wanda

"Or maybe she wasn't even there, she's not the only one in the world with perfect aim," Nat told them.

"She's definitely a good suspect though," said Bucky

"Why would she have been there anyway? What could the client have wanted?" Asked Tony

"Fury did say that the leader, Tristan, was dead. Could he have been the main target?" Asked Steve

"It's possible," said Bucky.

"So what's our plan of action?" Asked Tony

"I guess the only thing we can do is wait for the mystery person or Ashlyn to show themselves," Said Steve.

Ashlyn's pov:

"So you brought the child home?!" Ash had put Pierre to bed in the guest room and was now explaining what had happened to a very confused Maya.

"I was the only one who understands French" Ash explained "it's only for a few days, and then Ryder can take him to France back to his family" Added Ash and Maya sighed.

"How are we going to take care of him?" asked Maya

"I'll take him to the park in the morning, the poor kid probably hasn't seen the sun in a while," said Ash.

"Just be careful, you're still one of the Avenger's top priorities." Reminded Maya and Ash rolled her eyes.

"Can't they just drop it already?" Ash asked exasperatedly "Like seriously, learn to take a hint" Maya chuckled and walked into the kitchen. Ash stayed on the couch and closed her eyes. After a moment, Ash took out her phone and dialed a certain number. She was supposed to report to Oliver about how each mission went and Ash decided to tell him about Tristen. It took only a few rings before she heard his voice on the other end of the line.

"Miss. Emerald, I assume this means Tristen is dead"

"Dead as can be."

"Were there any casualties?"

"Too many to count" Ash heard Oliver chuckle on the other end of the phone.

"Who's your next target?"