14

Ashlyn's pov:

"So do we have a deal?"

Ash stopped dancing and took a few steps back so she was no longer on the dance floor. Oliver motioned for her to follow him and she did. He led her outside and sat on a bench, leaving the spot next to him open which she took.

"How do I know that you're telling the truth?" she stared right at him, ready to detect if he lied.

"What, you don't trust me?" he smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"I don't trust anyone."

"That's probably smart, given your line of work." Ash laughed lightly and looked up to the stars which were shining especially bright tonight. Ash knew that she was reckless and sometimes stupid, so instead, she tried to think of what Maya would do in this situation. Maya would consider all possible outcomes, Ash tried this method but gave up quickly because it was boring, Ash was more of a "live in the moment" type of girl, and thinking like Maya was out of her comfort zone. Ash took a deep breath and sighed, she was definitely going to regret this in the morning but hey, that was tomorrow's problem.

"Well Mr. Mackento, It appears we have a deal."

---(time skip)---

Ash decided to stop at the park on her way home. She had removed her heels and they were now dangling off her motorcycle. She had been lying face up on a park bench for what seemed like hours before she heard light footsteps approaching from nearby. Ash grabbed the gun that was hidden in her dress and stood up quickly, pointing it at the person.

"Geez Spidey, you almost gave me a heart attack," Ash said and sure enough, Spider-man was now slowly walking towards her keeping his eyes on her gun which was still pointed at him. Ash noticed this and dropped her arms, sitting down on the bench again and closing her eyes. She sensed rather than saw Spider-man sit next to her on the bench.

"Since when does The Emerald Assassin get scared of others?" he asked and she sighed.

"I'm having an off day." Ash was exhausted and starving, the only thing she had all day was the bitter-tasting champagne and a granola bar in the morning.

"Wanna talk about it?" Ash almost laughed at his request but stopped herself. She wasn't going to tell him too much but maybe getting a little off her chest would make her feel better.

"I just made either a very good decision or a very bad decision and I can't tell which one it is." She responded and chuckled dryly.

"What kind of decision?" Ash could tell that he wanted more information but she wasn't going to give it to him, it was bad enough that she was talking to him but she wasn't going to make any other rash decisions that she might regret later.

"If you had twenty dollars, would you give it away to possibly get forty dollars later or would you not risk it and keep the twenty dollars?" She asked him, thinking out her words carefully as to not give too much away.
"Depending on the situation, my current living conditions, the person I would be giving it to, the chance that the money would raise," He answered and she sighed again.

"But what if the person who had the twenty dollars was stupid and didn't think of those?" She asked and he chuckled.

"You're not stupid Ashlyn."

"Who said I was talking about me?!" Ash replied in mock offense and Spider-man just laughed.

"Whatever happens, I'm sure the person will figure it out," He said and shook her head slightly.