15

Peter's pov:

-----(time skip - next morning)----

Peter woke up and made his way to the kitchen. He was trying to figure out a way to tell the team what had happened the night before. How do you tell the world's mightiest heroes that the one person they are trying to catch just happened to be at the park and you just happened to have a nice conversation with them? Peter wasn't sure what he was going to say but he would figure it out as he went. As he walked into the kitchen he saw that Nat, Tony, Steve, and Bucky were already awake and eating breakfast.

"Hey kid, how'd you sleep?" Tony asked as he motioned for Peter to sit down at the kitchen table.

"Ok I guess," Peter responded as he sat down.

"When did you get back after you snuck out?" Tony asked casually and Peter started.

"S-snuck o-out?" Peter asked, not looking Tony in the eye.

"JARVIS can't lie to me kid, it's against his protocol" Tony explained and Peter looked up at the ceiling.

"Traitor," he told JARVIS and he heard Nat snicker.

"I am deeply sorry Mr. Parker" the AI's voice came from somewhere on the wall.

"What were you doing out of the tower at two in the morning?!" Tony asked, ignoring the AI.

"Just swung around New York a bit, taking in the views." Peter hesitated, now would be the perfect time to tell them but he wasn't sure how they would react, "I did bump into Ashlyn though," Peter added as casually as he could. Peter pretended not to notice Bucky coughing on his coffee, Steve staring at him while the Bacon he was cooking slightly burned, Nat giving him a quizzical look or Tony who opened his mouth to speak but no words came out.

"What happened?" Bucky asked when he pulled himself together.

"Found her at the park, we talked a little bit about decisions, then she left."

"What was she doing at the park at two in the morning?" Asked Steve, turning back to the stove.

"Not sure, but she was wearing a really fancy dress and she looked about twenty-five" Peter responded as he graciously accepted a plate of Bacon from Steve.

"How did you know it was her?" Asked Nat who was still staring at him.

"When I approached her, she pointed a gun at me and called me Spidey."

"She pointed a gun at you?!" Tony finally found his voice.

"But she put it down when she noticed it was me," Peter added quickly and Tony relaxed slightly, "I think I might have scared her a little bit."

"How did Peter of all people manage to scare The Emerald Assassin?" Asked Bucky.

"I asked her that and she said that she was having an off day, She seemed to have a lot on her mind." Said Peter thinking back to the conversation that they had.

"Peter I can't believe you decided it was a good idea to have a casual conversation with a criminal at two in the morning?!" Tony scolded.

"I don't think she was in any mood to fight at the moment, to be honest," Peter confessed and they all looked at him confused.

"You're telling me The Emerald Assassin didn't want to fight? Isn't that like what she does for a living?" Asked Nat.

"Like I said, she had a lot on her mind," Peter stated. "She told me that she had either made a very good decision or a very bad one and that she wasn't sure which one it was," Peter added as he remembered the little scenario she had told him about.