19

Avenger's pov:

"What do you mean Peter went back inside?!" Tony shouted as Bucky explained where the kid had gone.

"I tried to convince him not to but he didn't listen." defended Bucky. The team watched as suddenly the building came crashing down. The smell of smoke hit them and suddenly a fire started on the Northside of the building.

"PETER!" shouted Tony and started running towards the now collapsing building, Steve, Nat, and Bucky followed him. The four ran through the broken halls of the now-destroyed building and checked in every room.

"Maybe he got out?" Asked Nat as they searched the last room.

"Guys, what's that?" Steve was looking out the window of the room they were in. Tony, Nat, and Bucky came up behind him and also looked out the window.

"Is that-?" asked Bucky but he was cut off by Tony

"PETER!" Tony shouted and jumped out of the window. Luckily he was wearing his suit so he started flying toward the body on the ground.

Tony rushed up to Peter and turned him over so he was facing Tony.
"JARVIS, check for a pulse," Tony said hurriedly.

"Pulse is normal sir" The AI responded and Tony sighed in relief.

"Is he ok?" Asked Nat as the other three came up behind Tony

"He seems fine, just knocked unconscious" Tony told them and they all looked relieved. Peter's eyes suddenly fluttered open and he took a deep breath.

"Hey kid calm down, you're ok" Tony tried to calm Peter as he took fast and harsh breaths.

"What happened?" Asked Peter as he slowed his breathing.

"We were hoping you could tell us that," Said Bucky. Peter brought his hand to his face but stopped when he felt something crumble in his fist. Peter opened his fist and looked confused at the paper that was folded there.

"What's that?" asked Tony

"I'm not sure," Peter responded. Peter opened the paper and read it out loud.

[It's more fun to hang out with you when I'm not saving your life :D

You know who I am

XOXOXO]

"Ashlyn? Was she here?" Asked Steve

'Yeah... I think I saw her before I passed out." Said Peter remembering the figure that was walking toward him.

"She didn't knock you out did she?" Asked Nat getting angry.

"No, I hit my head, she's actually the one that got me out of the building," Said Peter.

"Well that's... nice of her," said Bucky awkwardly. Bucky thought for a moment before talking again, "Actually it makes sense, when I went upstairs there were already a lot of dead agents" Said Bucky.

"And the agents in front of the base that kept retreating back into the building, they must have been going towards her" Said Nat.

"Why was she here?" Asked Tony

"Maybe she's following us?" suggested Nat

"Whatever she was here for, she made our lives a lot easier" Peter pointed out.

---(time skip)----

The Avengers were now sitting around the kitchen table, eating dinner. There was a (video monitor thingy, I forgot what it's called) Showing Fury who was reading over the notes of the mission.