Prison Part.4

Barrys POV
I'm getting out. I'm getting out. I'm getting out!

My team, they did it. This place is a hell and I am so ready to leave. Iris told me the judge called for immediate release but not everything in prison goes that smoothly. Questions still needed to be answered about how Devoe magically showed up after his body was found in my apartment with stab wounds.

It's around 10 pm and they said I would be released tomorrow.

I took one last final look at the tally marks that's counted the many days I've been stuck here. I draw my finger over them, then move to my dads writing. I miss him so much. He was taken too fast. I always think that his life would've been so much better if I wasn't destined to be the Flash. All because of that one night. But before I go any further I mentally stop myself from thinking any more of that matter.

"Lights out." The guard calls.

I grab my thin sheet, that they call covers here, and slip under it. I lay my head on that oh so firm pillow and think about what I will do when I get out. Oh it's going to feel so good to be a hero again. I hate being stuck and not being able to help. I can't wait till I can get to DeVoe and stop him for good.

I usually go to bed with the worst of thoughts in my head but tonight is different. I now drift off to sleep with the thoughts of seeing my friends and getting to be with Iris in our home.

***

"Get up inmate!" I was woken to the shouting of an officer outside my cell.

"Today's your lucky day. I just know you'll be back. Murdering runs in the family doesn't it." He taunts.

My dad didn't kill my mom. Harrison confessed. Everyone knows the truth. But that's doesn't mean there aren't still people who don't believe. I can't let those people get to me.

I won't.

"Sure I will." I snap back knowing I'm going home today. The officer just scoffs and handcuffs me after I exit my cell.

"I got him."

I turn around to see Joe standing next to the officer and giving him a "you can go now" look.

"Joe." I say out of pure happiness.

"Let's get you out of here Barr." He says and I smile. The biggest smile I ever have.

Joe leads me down the long hallway that seemed to never end. Once down I was one door away from freedom.

Just one.

"Care to do the honors Barr?" Joe asks and I nod excitedly.

With all my strength I push the door open and was greeted by 6 smiling faces. Iris, Caitlin, Cisco, Ralph, Cecile. And one I didn't expect. Captain David Singh.

"Barry!" Iris shouts and hugs be tightly.

"Hey everyone." I say as I was taken into hugs by each of them.

I hold out my hand for Singh to shake. He stares at it for a moment but instead of shaking hands he pulls me into a hug.

"I knew I was right to believe you Allen."

It didn't matter how embarrassed I felt in the moment but knew they wouldn't mind. So I let the tears that had formed in my eyes come out.

I'm out. I'm out. I'm out. And I'm never going back.

The End for good.