First Week as CSI Barry Allen

Idea from @HayaKhan931   Thanks for the request!

Barrys POVToday I start my first day at the ccpd as their new CSI

Barrys POV
Today I start my first day at the ccpd as their new CSI. Joe has been pestering me all morning to look sharp and be on time. Knowing myself, that's will be hard.

"I better take you so you won't be late." Joe says as I walk around the kitchen fixing breakfast.

"I'll be fine Joe. Don't worry about me Ill make it in time." I tell him as I start to eat. Apparently it was too slow for him.

"Barry hurry up you've got to leave in 10 minutes!" Joe tells me.

"Here how about I meet you there ok. I'll take the bus. I promise I won't be late." I say as I slightly leading him out the door

"Bye Joe! See you soon!"I yell from inside.

I run upstairs to fix my hair and grab my coat. I check the time realizing I need to leave.

"Shoot." I say as I run back downstairs and out the door to the sidewalk, quickly running to the bus stop. I was so close to the stop when I see the bus leave.

"Hey!!" I yell at the bus and coninute to walk.

"I'm never getting there on time" I think to myself.

The precinct is only a few blocks away but for how slow I am when I run it's going to be a while before I get there. I run and run keeping all my items close to me so they don't drop.

A few minutes to by and I find myself right at the door. I look at my watch to see I'm only 1 minute late. A new record. I rush in to see Joe with his arms crossed looking at me with that's look. The look that meant I messed up.

"Mr.Allen. Welcome to the force. You're lab is upstairs. May I ask, am I going to have to worry about your timing from now on?" He asks sternly.

"No Sir. I will get it under control." I say nervously smiling as I walk up to my lab.
Singh's POV
First impressions for a job mean a lot. Allen, well his wasn't the best. I just hope he makes it up. I know Joe is worried for him. But Barry has been coming here since after Joe took him in. So he knows what I expect.

"I'll be honest with you David. That kid can never be anywhere and I mean anywhere on time. I don't know how he does it." Joe tells me as we laugh I bit and I head back into my office.
Barrys POV
I enter my lab to see lots of chemicals, computers and other really cool things. I knew this lab existed but as a kid but was never allowed in it.

I walk over to the desk and start to work on my files.

"Boom! Boom!"

Wow what a great start to the day. Gunshots.

I run out of my lab to the sound of the shots. The precinct was in chaos. Officers running left and right. In all the commotion I could feel a cold touch to my side. I look over and see a tall dirty looking man.

"Say anything and I'll shoot." He whispers in my ear.

No one noticed. Everyone was too busy finding the shooter who was right next to me acting innocent.

I see joe run up the stairs. Before I could say anything he ran right past me. I knew I had to do something. At least tell someone where the shooter was. I open my mouth to speak but only a slight yelp that came out when the man threw me down the stairs. There was so much going on no one even noticed me stumble down a large staircase. I sigh knowing what I'm about to do next. I wait till the guy is not looking and a run up the starts jump on him and tackle him to the ground.

I kick the gun out of his hand.

"OVER HERE!!!" I yell as people stop and look.

"Barry! Get off him!" An officer says not knowing who he was.

"The shooter! It's him!" I yell catching my breath here an then from hold the large man down and fighting him off.

A group of officers make there way over and put him into hand cuffs.

"Nice one Barry!" A cop shouts.

"Yeah great job kid." Another man says.

"Allen! You could of been hurt what were you doing!" Singh yells at me.

"Just saving the people Sir." I respond.

"But how did you know it was him?" He asks me.

"During all of the commotion he had a gun pointed at my side. But if I said anything he would shoot. He eventually just kicked me down the stair. So it gave me and opportunity to pin him down." I respond once more as the captain smiles.

"Nice going." Singh says as he walks back into his office.

My first day. Saved the ccpd from a shooter. Was late but only by a little. I'd say this was a pretty good start to my job.

                                     *time skip*

A few days has passed and I have had lots of work to do. Almost each day had a crime scene to investigate.

I knew from the start that seeing the dead body's wasn't going to be pretty. I didn't even imagine what I saw today. But I know there are just going to be worse ones so I suck it up and get the job done. Joe says he's proud of me. So I guess that's another plus.

I check the time and realize it's game night at the West's house so I pack up my things and walk out the door.

A/N
I hope you all liked it!! I know I spent most of it on day one but I just thought it would be more interesting that way. Thanks for reading!