School Shooter

Requesting from Amy3421
Thank you! I hope you like it!
To make my story a little more interesting I made it a shooter because I want to share thats in the U.S. this happens a lot and I hope that the country will get better gun control laws and prevent these things from
happening.
⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

Pre lightning. Barry is in high school.
Barrys POV
"Barry were going to be late for class come on!" Iris shouts as she grabs my hand and pulls me towards the door.

"Ouch!" I say.

"Oh come on Bear that's didn't hurt toughen up. I didn't want us to be late." She says as we take our seats.

"Ok class today is the test. Remember if I catch you cheating it's an automatic zero. You have one hour.
Begin." The teachers says.

"Crap I forgot to study." I whisper to Iris.

"It's okay Barry I know you know this stuff. You can do it." Iris cheers as she gets back to work.

After about 10 minutes I've already completed half the test. A few seconds later a voice comes on the intercom.

"Teachers and Students we are going into lockdown!" It shouts.

I immediately think it's a drill. Especially since the CCPD is right down the street. Apparently everyone did too. Usually we are supposed to get down and be quiet, but the other kids talked loudly like they didn't care. Joe taught me all this stuff from a young age. "You never know what's going to happen." He once said.

It's a good piece of advice. Iris and I followed the teachers order and got to a far back wall and hid. A few minutes passed by until we heard the shots. Everyone snapped out of there conversations now knowing this was real.

"Iris." I say panicked.

"It's going to be okay Bear. Remember what dad taught us." He words eased me as I became calmer.

Footsteps. Loud footstep. The clicked against the hallways floors getting closer and closer to my classrooms door. I look at all of my classmates. Some crying, anxious, scared, and some staying calm or trying to calm others.

I hear the banging of lockers. Joe said that sometimes the intruders would check lockers to see if any kids were in them.

"He's coming." I tell Iris as everyone starts to scoot closer to each other fearing for there lives.

A kid got his phone at and silently called 911. Iris got out her phone and called Joe. I could only hear part of the conversation

"Barry and I are ok." Iris tells him as she hangs up.

"What's did he say." I whisper.

"Police are on it." Iris responds quietly as we look back to the door.

What if I die? What's if the shooter kills everyone? Thoughts rushing in my mind.

The door was locked and blinds closed. Trying to give a sign that we weren't in the classroom. I didn't work. Our class was the first class by the door. A long hallway it took to get here. I was pulled from my thoughts as a bang hit against he door.

It was loud. Someone yelped giving away our place.

"Everyone get to the windows." The teacher called out.

I immediately went to help open the windows. Even if I wouldn't make it, I would want my friends to.

I struggled to unlock the hook, but eventually I got it. I started helped people out the window.

"Surprise!" I voice yelled out. I looked behind me. The door was open and I man holding a gun pointed it towards the window were everyone was.

"Please don't!" I yell out. Almost everyone was out when he starting shooting. People used books and backpacks to protect themselves. The classroom was really big so people had plenty of room to run away.

But one kid wasn't so lucky. It was my best friend Brandon. A bullet was about to hit one of my other classmates when he jumped in front of her and saved her life.

"Brandon!" I shout.

"Barry get to safety." My teachers pulls me away.

I was about to jump out the window when the man ran up towards me and grabbed my arm. But before he could do anything really bad he was tackled by 3 police officers with more standing by. Knowing the problem was being handled I pushed my way through the tiny window and ran with the other kids.

"Iris!" I shouted.

"Over here Bear!" She responded. I could see a figure waving from far a head. I ran. Faster than I had ever had.

"You were in there for a long time are you okay?"

"Im alright." I responded.

"Come on the precinct is right down the street. Joe is there." She told me as we ran together.

We made it to the front door and ran in. We made quite an entrance when we ran out of the elevator.

"Kids!" Joe yelled as he ran towards us.

"We're ok dad." Iris told him as we group hugged.

The days passed and the school would be shut down for a while. The shooter was caught but they need more evidence to jail him for longer. I kept thinking about Brandon. He shouldn't of have died. Oh what's Id do to go back in time and save him. I think to myself.

*time skip 6 years later*

I was working in my lab when I heard gunshots coming from inside the building. I immediately tensed up remember that day. Remembering Brandon. Remembering how I could of died when the man grabbed me. If it weren't for the officer I would probably be dead.

I start breathing heavily as I grip harder onto my desk trying not to fall down. I'm usually fine when it comes to this but today was different. It was the day it happened. My breathing speed up as I panic, still thinking about that day. I heard footsteps outside of my door and start to panic harder, thinking it could be a shooter.

"Stay back!" I yell as the figure comes into the open.

"Bear it's me Joe." The calming voice responds.

"I'm sorry." I apologize, embarrassed for being so frightened.

"It's okay. You heard the shots didn't you." He asked me.

"Yeah. I thought something bad was happening." I respond.

"Just training. Are you okay? You look really frightened." Joe says.

"Yeah it's just today's that day and hearing the shots didn't help." I say.

"I'm so sorry Barry. Come here." He tells me as his arms open. I walk over and give him a hug and I get back to work.

The End

A/N
Hope you all enjoyed it!