A not so Rude Awakening

RECAP:

"S-Shu what are you doing?" I stuttered as I straddled his lap. I could feel my cheeks burning as I attempted to move off him.

"Just stay where you are Princess." He ordered as he held onto me not allowing me to go anywhere.

"B-but" I started

"Shhhh... go to sleep." He urged as he put his other ear bud in. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I sat there awkwardly staring at him. I finally gave up and snuggled in as best as I could tucking my face into his neck.

His arms tightened around me. "Don't move around so much." He mumbled before falling back asleep. I just sat there cuddled into him. My ass still hurt but it was getting better. Perks of not being human. Extra special healing rates.

You know what's not a perk of being supernatural? Super intelligence. At least not in my case. 

*A/N ~ Before we get started~ Contains mild violence and some curse words. Slightly gory in some parts (Not too bad tho). * 

~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~

I looked around at the group of laughing teens as the smell of a mid-summer's campfire filled my nose. The scent of smoke, s'mores, and sweat mingled in the air. I walked around the fire pit, pushing past unfamiliar faces, looking for someone I knew. I had no idea where I was or how I got here. I needed somebody to explain what the hell was going on. 

"(Y/N)"! Raiden shouted. She waved her arms as she jumped up and down trying to get my attention.  

"OMG! You have no idea how great it is to see you! I missed you soo freaking much." I yelled, squeezing her in a tight hug. She let me hug her for a few seconds before pushing me away to arms length.

"Girl what the hell are you talking about, I only went to find the drinks" she smirked assuming I was up to my usual 'dramatic theatrics' as she called it.

"Yeah I know,  I still missed you though." I played along nudging her shoulder.

"(Y/n) you really should sign up for drama club when school starts back up, people would have believed you hadn't seen me in weeks." she exclaimed. She walked us towards an empty bench sitting near the fire. 

"I still can't believe you almost didn't get to come back. I would've been lost without you." Raiden confessed as she stared into the fire's flames. 

"Yeah me too..." I trailed off confused as hell. I need to figure out what the fuck happened. The last thing I can remember is skipping class with Shu, but what happened after that. How did I end up back in America with Raiden, and its already summer too? It doesn't make any sense. I sighed, rubbing my temples to ease the incoming headache. Raiden glanced in my direction as she popped open her soda. 

"What's..- ?" Before Raiden could finish her question, everyone around us broke out into cheers as loud music danced into the air.  Couples and friends jumped up to dance along beside it. "(Y/n) let's go!" Raiden yelled as she bounced up and grabbed my hand. She dragged us towards  the fire and began twirling us in rhythm with the music. 

Forgetting about everything, I let out a joyful laugh as we spun and whirled around the fire. We continued to dance as the sun fell below the horizon and the moon rose to watch us from high in the sky.

~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~~=~~~~~

"I can't remember the last time I had this much fun." Raiden smiled as she leaned back against the table, trying to catch her breath.