Sharing is Caring

After packing up my math notes, I left the classroom. Kanato had returned to class, but Yui was still missing. I wonder what she's up to. 

I weaved my way through groups of students heading to their classes, trying to make it to my own.

"Hey (Y/N), You're actually going to class today?" Subaru teased as he caught up and started walking beside me. 

"Yeah. Sadly." I sighed as we walked through the door and into Akui-sensei's classroom. We both took our seats, waiting for class to start. "Oh! Here's your hoodie. Thanks for letting me wear it." I smiled, pulling Subaru's hoodie from my bag.

"No problem. It looks better on you anyway." He smiled as a tinge of pink dusted his cheeks. 

"I doubt that." I grinned before turning towards the front of the class. Akui-sensei stood up from her desk as the final bell rang. She began calling names out, checking to see who was absent.

" Komori Yui" She called out to no response. 

"Akui-sensei, she left during our last class. I think she might be sick or something." I tried giving Yui an excuse, but the she-demon was having none of it. 

"Absent," she said before calling out the next student. As she finished reading off her list of names, I realized she hadn't called mine. 

"Sensei, I think you forgot me." 

"Oh I guess I did. Kind of like how you forgot to show up to class yesterday. We had a pop quiz by the way. I wanted to see how versed everyone was, but since you missed it, it looks like your first grade for the year is going to be a zero. How disappointing." She said, her eyes filled with malicious glee.

"Umm- I-" I started. Damn she was starting off bitchy today. Did she bathe in hell fire this morning? 

"Moving on." She interrupted. I zoned out as she droned on and on about stuff I had already gone over back in America. I kept trying to come up with the perfect plan to get Akui-sensei back for earlier, but I couldn't come up with a plan I absolutely loved.

*=============*============*============*=============*

Subaru and I were working on a group assignment as Yui walked into the classroom. She looked tired and a little shocked as she quietly made her way to the desk beside me and Subaru. I looked her over as she dragged her desk towards us and left to go get her assignment from the she-demon. She was shaking slightly and it looked like a fresh set of fang marks marred her skin. How nobody else saw it or why they didn't question it if they did? I do not know.  

"Girlll are you okay? What the hell happened while you were gone?" I whispered frantically. 

"I'm okay. It was nothing." She assured, glancing at Subaru. Our assignment had his full attention, so I'm sure he didn't catch it, but I did. I guess she doesn't want to talk about it in front of him. He may not be watching us, but I'm sure he's listening. 

"If you say so." I said, dropping the issue; hoping she'd open up about it later. I slid my paper over, allowing Yui to copy the answers me and Subaru had come up with. After she finished, we continued working together until the bell rang. 

*=============*============*============*=============*

I made it to History without running into any vampires, so that's great. I mused to myself. 

"Amai-chan" Laito called out as I entered the classroom. " Kou was bragging that you stayed at their place and cuddled with him the whole night. He would not shut up about it. Tell me he's lying." He playfully pouted as I sat in my seat.