Prologue

I could see the sun setting from where I was sitting, on the window seat, FaceTiming my best friend Raiden (OC). She was telling me about something that happened at school earlier today. I had missed it because I'm currently suspended. Big surprise I know. I'm working on my second day now with two more to go. Some senior asshole from the football team thought he could get away with being handsy. Nope, nuh-uh, no way, when he grabbed me from behind and tried to cope a feel, I maneuvered out of his reach and kicked him in the balls. I tried to explain to the toupée wearing dickhead of a principal that I was justified in my response, but he still suspended me for "attacking" a student. When dad came to pick me up, he was proud as hell. He even flipped off the principal when his back was turned. 

"Hey (Y/n)! Are you paying attention?" Raiden yelled through the phone.

" Yeah, you were saying something about a freshman knocking off the principal's toupée right?"  She rolled her eyes as I replied.  

" I don't know how you do that (N/n), you can be totally zoned out and still know what the fuck I said. " she laughed out.

I could hear the front door slam shut. "(Y/n) can you come down here?" dad yelled from down stairs. "Yeah I'll be down in a minute" I quickly replied. I stood up from my window seat and started walking towards my door.

" Hey Raiden, dad just got home I gotta let you go. Call me tomorrow night and let me know how your day went, bye bye." She waved bye and I hung up. I walked down the stairs and into the living room. Dad slipped off his shoes and walked towards the couch. He sunk into the couch patting the seat next to him. I sat down and turned to face him. 

"(Y/n), do you remember that job I was talking about getting?" dad asked looking at me. I thought about it and nodded knowing it sounded familiar. " Well I got it!" he looked at me with a huge smile stretching across his face. " Thats great! Which school hired you to teach?" I assumed it was somewhere within our current city. Dad was currently working part-time as a teacher's aid at a high school thirty minutes from my own. He's been trying to get a full-time english teaching position for a couple months now. He went back to college about five years ago to get a bachelor's in both education and english.

" Well... that's what I need to talk to you about" he said his smile fading as he rubbed the back of his neck. The fact that he was nervous made my stomach drop. Dad only got nervous when he was afraid I would react badly or get upset. Other times he was happy-go-lucky, Mr. Optimistic. My smile faded. "Dad what's wrong? What are you getting nervous about?"  He let out a sigh and a small smile crossed his face. 

"The good news is that I got hired on as an english teacher at a top tier academy. The bad news is that it's in Japan and we'll have to move." He held his breath, waiting to see how I would react. I stayed just as quiet waiting for him to say that he's just joking, but he never did. 

"You're serious?" I asked, feeling as if I had just got the breath knocked out of me. He didn't have to answer. I could tell he wasn't joking by the look on his face. He didn't want to force me to move half way across the world, but he couldn't turn down such a great opportunity. I didn't want him to either. "What about school? What will I do?" I questioned, trying to calm myself. 

"That's another part of the good news. Since I'll be teaching there, you get to attend for free. You'll get a top tier education for FREE" he said smiling seeming to be very proud of himself. I playfully rolled my eyes, glad that he was back to his original self. " We'll be leaving within a week because classes start in April. That should give us plenty of time to get acclimated huh?"

" A week?! Holy shit how are we going to get everything packed that fast?" I asked.

"Well we can't take everything... just the important stuff, and I guess its a good thing you got two more days of suspension left" he answered fakely grinning from ear to ear. We both bust out laughing. Well I guess he's right. I can put this suspension time to good use. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~Time Skip~

"You're moving to Japan?!" Raiden squeaked out as we walked down the hall towards our lockers. I just gave her a small smile and nodded my head. I wasn't happy about it, but I wasn't terribly upset about it either. I was more anxious than anything. Raiden looked at me quizzically before seeming to come to a realization. "How long have you known about this?! Is this why you took Japanese this year?!" she asked looking hurt. I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. 

" Dad told me about it Monday after he got home and you know we both took Japanese this year because your obsession with anime. You're the one who begged me to take the class with you remember?" I wrapped my arm around her shoulder moving her down the hall. " You know I would have told you already if I had known about it that long." I squeezed her shoulder before dropping my arm back to my side. We turned a corner and continued on in a somber silence. 

Once we made it to our lockers Raiden spoke up, a sly smirk on her face. "You'll have to tell me all about the hotties at your new school." I smiled at her as I grabbed the books for my next class. "Girl you know it, maybe I'll even get you the number of an ikemen." I playfully winked at her. " Ikemen...really?" she said breaking into a fit of laughter. " What? You say it all the time." I shook my head at her, a smile on my face. We then went in different directions heading to our own classes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~ 

"Merican Air (I did this on purpose) flight 61 will begin boarding in thirty minutes" played from the airport speaker. We were all standing in the front lobby close to the line to go through security. Dad was waiting for me to finish saying my goodbyes. Raiden and her family had given us a ride to the airport since we couldn't exactly come in our own car. I had tears in my eyes as I hugged her mom. She had kind of taken me in as her own since my own mother died a year or so after I was born(sorry about this). After saying bye to Raiden's parents and hugging her little brother and sister that I considered siblings myself, I finally made it to Raiden. I saved her for last because I knew she would be the hardest. She was my best friend, my sister, and the person closest to me besides my dad. She knew everything about me and I mean everything. She knew I wasn't normal, that I wasn't completely human. After she found out, she looked at me like she always had. She never once looked at me different or like I was a monster. 

She looked at me with tears running down her face. "You'll call at least once a week right?" she asked a small smile crossed her lips. I grabbed and squeezed her into a hug, tears of my own falling freely. I released her and held her at arms distance. " Of course I'll call you Rai (sounds like Ray). You won't get rid of me that easy." We both laughed and wiped the tears from our eyes. "I'll text you as soon as we land" I said waving and walking towards the security line. Dad grabbed and squeezed my free hand. He didn't say anything knowing that words weren't needed. He knew that little gesture of support was good enough. We made our way through security and boarded our plane. I looked over to my dad and smiled. "Japan I hope you're ready because here we come!"