She-Demon

We walked into our Japanese classroom and looked around. Almost all the seats were taken, leaving two in the back. I sat down and pulled a notebook and pencil out of my bag. Yui walked past me and sat in the open chair beside me. She looked to me and then to the person sitting behind me. I glanced in the same direction and caught a red-eyed boy with white hair looking at me with indifference. He looks away and out the window, zoning out as if he was the only person in the room. I continue to look at him. He's actually pretty hot. I wonder what he's thinking about. 

" pssst." I look away to where the noise had come from. Yui had a weird expression on her face and was gesturing for me to lean in towards her. "That's Suburu. He's the youngest Sakamaki. I would be careful around him. He has a short temper and gets annoyed by the littlest things."

" Are all the Sakamaki's good looking? Like fuck girl, you lucked out getting to stay with them." I said wiggling my eyebrows at her or at least I tried to. A sullen expression crossed her face and disappeared just as fast. 

"Yeah, I don't know about lucky." she said rolling her eyes at me a small smile stretching her lips.  

"You're practically living in an anime" I said, leaning away and facing the front. The teacher had just walked in. 

"If only you knew how right you are." she whispered the sullen expression returning to her face. 

"How right am I?" I guess she didn't expect me to hear her because when I turned towards her, her face was masked in confusion and mild shock. Oh shit....how quiet was she? Fuck this supernatural hearing shit! I swear sometimes it gets me into the most awkward situations. 

" How did you hear me?" the blonde asked raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm curious as well. How did...you...hear her?" I turned towards the desk behind me. Subaru was giving me the same face as Yui.  Okay... (Y/n) you got this. This isn't the first time you've had to work yourself out of a situation like this.

"I just have really good hearing I guess." I said shrugging my shoulders and turning back towards the front.

"Really good hearing my ass" the boy mocked. I ignored him and turned my focus towards the teacher at the front of the room. The teacher was pulling papers and folders from her bag  getting ready for the class. She fixed the desk the way she wanted it and introduced herself as Akui-sensei. Seems she was just hired on like my dad. Akui-sensei paused after her introduction and ran her palms down the front of her skirt trying to either wipe away some invisible fuzz or the sweat on her palms. Probably the latter. She shuffled through the papers on her desk and removed two. 

"It seems we have two new students who moved from America. Girls if you don't mind, can I ask you a few questions." she said looking at me and Yui. I glanced at Yui who had turned a light shade of pink. I looked back towards the teacher and pulled on a fake smile. " Sure go ahead. I don't mind." 

" Great. (L/n)-san it shows on your transcript that you took two years of Japanese in America. Is that correct?" she asked with a little malicious glint in her eye. Is this bitch is coming at me? On the first day to? 

" Yes Akui-sensei, ---" 

"Good, I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with you struggling in my class. I won't have to worry about that, will I? She interrupted me speaking this part in Japanese. Obviously she didn't look at my transcript close enough. I passed that class with flying colors. The classroom burst into laughter. Well everyone but Yui who was looking at the teacher stunned, Subaru who looked completely and utterly bored already, Akui-sensei who was wearing a devilish grin probably hoping I would embarrass myself more than she just had, and me who was trying to keep my cool. 

I cleared my throat and the class all turned to look at me. " Well thank you for your concern Akui-sensei, but I can assure you that I won't be struggling in your 'first-year' class. If you look closer at my transcript it will show that I passed both classes with flying colors." A self-satisfied smile made its way to my lips as I replied to her in perfect Japanese. I bet you weren't expecting that. Ha take that you she-demon. I leaned back in my chair and enjoyed the shocked expression on everyones faces, but the expression that I enjoyed the most was the glare sent from Akui-sensei herself. I had avoided her attempt to embarrass me and turned it into my own ammo. Once she regained her composure, she began questioning Yui. She was much nicer and professional with her questions this time. What the hell? Am I the only one she has a problem with?  Yui timidly answered her questions and Akui-sensei began handing out syllabi to the front desks, who then passed them back. When I handed Subaru his syllabus his fingers brushed against my hand. His hands were ice cold. 

" Hey are you okay? You're freezing." I asked grabbing his hand and holding it in between my hands trying to warm his hand. He looked at me like he was trying to figure out how to react. He pulled his hand out of my grasp and looked back out the window. Was he blushing?! He looked back at me after most of the blush went away. 

" I'm fine, you're just hot. Wait no... that's not what I mean. I mean that your temperature is warm." He blushed again but continued looking at me. " You might have a fever." he continued. 

" You think I'm hot?" I teased. Subaru clicked his tongue avoiding my question. He looked towards the front of class and the edges of his lips creased as if he was trying to hide a smile.  

" (L/n)-san it would be a shame if you were to fall behind because you were flirting instead of paying attention in class" I faced forward in my seat and looked at Akui-sensei. Her devilish grin had returned and she continued on with the lesson. Was he smiling because he knew I was fixing to get in trouble? What a dick! .... A really cute dick....Wait that sounds bad. I let out a little giggle laughing at my internal monologue. Yui looked at me and let out a little giggle of her own. I don't know what she thinks I'm laughing at but I give her a smile and turn my attention to the she-demon and her lesson. Before I knew it the class was over and we were walking out the door. 

"I'm already done with today and it just started. Honestly the only thing I'm looking forward to is lunch." I said with a sigh as Yui and I walked down the hall. We weren't in the next class together but it was kind of in the same direction.

" I know what you mean" Yui said letting out a little sigh of her own. We ambled past a group of giggling girls surrounding an attractive blonde. He seemed to be enjoying their attention almost as much as the girls were enjoying his. He looked up and his eyes met mine. He gave me a smile and a little wave. I looked away and kept walking. I know his type, he's a playboy who will mess around with almost anything with boobs and can walk. It's best not to get close to them or to grab their attention. The ones that have a following like that are the worst kind. The girls that fawn and drool over them will attempt to tear you apart within a matter of minutes if they think you're getting too much attention. Yui lightly elbowed me in my side. " He was trying to get your attention. Don't you think he's cute?"

" Yeah he's freaking hot, but he's a playboy with a fan base. A definite No-Go." I answered. 

" So if he didn't have the fan base but was still a play boy, it would be okay?" 

"Yeah, for sure. I wouldn't mind playing with him." I said winking at her. She just stared at me speechless. I busted out laughing "I'm just kidding. You should see your face" Her face relaxed and she started laughing with me.

"Well my class is this way. Have fun in History! I'll see you at lunch." the blonde stated waving and turned to go down another hallway. I gave her a wave and turned down my own hallway. Now to find my classroom. Hopefully this class won't be taught by an evil witch with a stick up her ass.  102...103...104.... here we are 105. I walk into the classroom and grab one of the empty seats.