Unexpected Encounter

After the teacher finally blew his whistle signaling the end of class, I walked toward the locker rooms to get ready to leave. I didn't bother changing since we had to take our gym clothes home to wash. I stuffed my uniform into my bag and tossed it over my shoulder. As I left the gym, I texted my dad. 

(Y/N) - Where are you?

DAD - Just finishing up. Meet me by the car.

(Y/N) - Okay.

I made may way through the halls and out of the building. I strolled down the lamp lit sidewalk. I knew I was ahead of my dad and didn't want to wait for too long. I cut across the quad lawn and headed towards the employee parking lot. Even with the moonlight shining down from above, the parking lot was too dark for my liking. A few lamp posts were scattered around the edges of the lot, but it didn't help much. The wind whistled through the trees and chilled my skin. 

I leaned against the hood of our town car and looked around. It looked the same as when we arrived. I guess it just gives off a creepier vibe in the dark. I kept glancing around me as I waited. The hair stood on end and goosebumps covered my skin. It felt like someone was watching me. I can't see anybody, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. I stood my ground acting as if I hadn't a care in the world. I could sense that whoever or whatever was watching me, was getting closer. The ink binding my wings began burning with an icy-hot sensation. The closer they came, the hotter it burned. 

"Where are you? Show yourself." I growled into the night. No response. I stood up and took a step away from the cars. I wouldn't show them how nervous I was. They already know, but I won't show them. They were a dark creature. Pretty dark seeing as how annoying the burning on my back had become. "Demon" my mind screamed. My instincts told me to run, begged me to run. No, that's when the chase begins. If I run I'm dead for sure. They love the chase. Sick fuckers. 

"What do you want?" I growled louder. Still no response. The burning was starting to become painfull. They were close. Too close.  I turned in a circle trying to catch a glimpse of whoever was fucking with me. Why can't I see them!? I pulled my phone from my waist band of my shorts and attempted to call dad while trying to keep an eye on my surroundings. My phone blacked out as soon as I hit the call button. I pressed the home button, tried holding the power button, nothing worked. It was fucked. I was fucked. I dropped my phone in my side pocket of my bag and tossed it on to the hood. Okay, they wanna play. I'll play.  I shook out my arms and legs getting ready for the fight of my life, because it would be for my life. 

"Oh.. I'm not playing with you Nephilim." I spun around before I realized the voice didn't come from the outside. What the actual fuck?! " Wow.. who would have thought your language would be worse than mine. You're suppose to be better than me, come on Nephilim, get your act together." They mocked.

"How are you in my head?" I asked, trying to stay focused on finding the owner of the voice. 

"Oh, It's just a little perk I was born with." The voice teased. " and stop yelling, people are going to think you've gone mad." 

"Fine just leave me alone, and I'll have no reason to be yelling." I hissed back.

"Speak with your mind you idiot, I'll be able to hear you just as if you were fucking yelling at me." They let out an annoyed click. I'm insane. A random voice is speaking to me and even clicking their fucking tongue in annoyance. This is a new low, even for me."Just try it you dolt."

"Fine how's this? Up to your demonic standards?" I projected in my sassiest tone. 

"That works just fine."