Chapter Sixteen

Korra didn't waste anytime to run to Wan's. Asami offered her a ride before she left but she declined. Why, she didn't know. She definitely was regretting that now. Her body burned as she sprinted to his apartment. Once she got their she bent over on her knees panting for air. She knocks on his door to have it immediately open.

"There you are." He says. "I- hold on.." she lifts her finger in the air to tell him to wait as she regulates her breathing. "Okay. Anyways what happened?" "Come inside. I'll talk to you inside." She walks inside and sits on a chair. He sits across from her and folds his hands together. From his posture and how he folded his hand Korra knew it was something serious which made her anxious.

"Today the landlord came by today because you know I had to pay the bill but she didn't look happy. I-." Wan started twiddling with his fingers. "You what?" Korra asked. Wan took a deep breath. "She saw Naga and it confirmed her suspicion. She says if you continue to stay here she'll kick me out." Korra eyes widened.

"How did she even know I was here?" "Because she came by to fix something from another person house and saw you walk in and saw Naga. Since your not on the lease and neither is Naga I can get kicked out for it. I've been trying to look for a different house so-.." Everything else Wan said became fuzzy to Korra.

'He's going to get kicked out if I continue to live here. I remember he was happy when he was able to find his own apartment he could afford. He said he's looking for another house. I can't do that to him. He would have to work more and he would be exhausted. I know the feeling and I can't do that to him. Even if I tried to help Unalaq said I have to start paying for my boxing class just out of spite.

I can't do this to him. But also I can't go back with Unalaq and I can't stay at others constantly or they will know the situation. Why can't life just give me a break. I literally can't ever have a good day. Well I know what has to be done.'

"So then we can't just-." "Wan listen. Stop looking for another house you're staying here. I'll be out by the end of this week." Korra says bluntly. "What! Where are you going to go?" Korra pondered a bit. "The hangout. It has stuff in there I should be fine." "Korra that's a train car. Are you serious you can't live there." "I can. It's liveable, plus the abandoned train station is closer to Unalaq so easier to get to gigs. I'll be fine."

"Korra I'm not letting you live there. You're practically homeless. I won't. You need to say something to someone this can't go on." He says. Korra clenches her hands. "How many times have I told you I can't! It's almost like you don't care that I WILL BE KILLED if I do that. Do you understand that? You act like the police will protect me forever. They won't and can't. Unalaq won't stop until I'm dead. There is no escape for me. This is my decision and I'm doing it. That's final."

Wan bows his head down in defeat. "I'm just worried about you. I care for you. Yo-you don't deserve this Korra. I just want to help you out if this." Korra face soften as she sees a tear fall from Wan's face. For some reason that hit her stomach and she felt the tears burning in the back of her eyes. "I-." She couldn't get a word out before she chocked our a small sob. Wan immediately stood up and brought her into a embrace.

Korra tried her hardest to hold back her tears not crying. "I'm going to be alright. I know you care and want to help and you are. Being by my side is enough." Korra managed to get out. Wan pulled back and kept his hands on her shoulders. "Alright. I don't like this but I understand your situation. I'll visit you everyday and take Naga on walks when your in school and I'll help you make it more liveable alright?" He says. Korra nodded.

Wan didn't like how upset she was so he decided to lighten the mood. He quickly ruffled her hair. "Anyways so who's house you're always staying late at? Got a secret boo?" He teases. Korra turns bright red and smacks his hand. "No! It's a friend of mine who's company I very much enjoy." She argued. "Yeah yeah you probably do very much enjoy." "I do enjoy her company." Wan smirks. "It's a her?" Korra eyes widened.