Chapter Seventeen

"Ah you have been getting here quicker than usual. You live close by?" Unalaq asked as they entered the car. "Yes sir." Korra replies. "That's good to know. Anyways Zaheer managed to get us some more gigs. He found some that are worth more money. With that being said I can't have you missing school. I got a call about how you missed days. Luckily Zaheer was able to forge doctor notes so there all excused. I don't need them calling me again so do me a favor and stop skipping or you'll regret it."

"Sorry sir I was just with friends." Unalaq scoffs. "You're friends or your social like isn't important. What is is money and a good reputation. I'm a lawyer, I can't have the school on my case because you choose to be social."

'Yeah a crummy lawyer who can't even afford a lot without me. Only get chosen when someone is really desperate, then they regret it because you don't truly care about that case but more the money. That's why you're so broke. You being a lawyer did you no justice.'

Soon they arrived at the fight. To no surprise Korra had three that night. Back to back. Her body was tired and so was she so it wasn't the best but she managed to win two of them. She definitely wished she won the third one since now she's sore and hurting. She sat on the bench unwrapping her worn out wraps. Hissing when it rubbed against her raw knuckles. Sometimes after a fight she goes back to change and thinks. Sitting in the small closets like room.

It wasn't the prettiest nor cleanest but it wasn't supposed to be all eye catching really. Korra sighed. Sometimes she sits and thinks about the other fighters, sometimes she thinks this as there violently beating each other to a pulp.

'I wonder if they are in the same situation I am. Or if they just need money and fight. Or even if they just like the fighting, or the thrill you get when you're cheered for as a victor, or even the adrenaline of possibly getting caught by police. I used to be the same. Loving the actual fight, the cheers I got, the feeling of getting stronger. Fighting was my first love. But as all first loves they never last. Now it's my worst enemy.'

— —

She cups her side as she walks to the train car. "They keep kicking me in the same spot and my rib cage will break. The wound won't even heal properly. Ugh and just when my bruises started healing." She lifts her knuckles to her hand. "Busted wide open. How does he expect me continue. Well not like he cares about my well being anyways." She stops as she opens the train car. "Well here's day one of my new home."

She opens it to find Naga and Wan. "Hey." She waves. "Hey, I was waiting for ya. I brought some fries and a chili dog from my job. Also a soda. Naga went for a walk and ate already too. I also brought you extra blankets and pillows." Korra smiles. "Thank you. I really appreciate this Wan." "Of course." "Well I'm tired as hell. Let me change real quick."

She walks behind the small area where they added a small curtain to act as a changing room. Once she change comfortable and slowly and cautiously sat down. "How was it?" Wan asked petting Naga. "Same as usual. Fight, win or loose." She shrugs as she began to eat. Wan sighs and shakes his head. "One day I know everything will work out for you. You'll get what you truly deserve. Not this." "Well we may never know." She yawns. "I do know. It will."

He looks over to see she fell asleep. He chuckles and stands up pulling the covers over her. He look down at her face. "One day you'll be truly happen I swear." He whispers. He turns to Naga and pets her head. "Take care of her for me." He quickly turns off the lantern and walks out.

Korra didn't have anything to do today. Well she hoped. After Lin and Toph talked, Toph decided to have a shorter curfew. So the gym was only open to seven on weekdays and four on saturday. So as of right now Korra decided to go to the gym. Saturday's were optional to go to. Since she had nothing to do she decided to go.