Chapter Nineteen

Asami groaned a bit as she felt the sun rays on her face. She quickly stretched her body unraveling it from her blanket burrito. She pauses when she felt the other side of the bed empty. She quickly sits up and looks around to find it empty. "She must have went downstairs."

She yawns and gets up walking towards the bathroom. Her eyes were closed since she was rubbing the sleep out of them. When she walks into the bathroom. She opens her eyes and froze. Korra was standing in front of the sink in her sports bra and sweats on. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to walk in your quiet and I-." Asami stopped talking when she saw what Korra was doing.

The first aid kit was out and she had her back to Asami. "It's uh fine I forgot to lock the door." Korra murmurs clearly not paying attention to Asami. Asami closes the door and slowly walks towards Korra. "Hey is everything alright?" She asked. You can see Korra stopping what she's doing and sighing. "I got cut in my boxing lesson yesterday and it opened up when I was sleeping so I'm just patching it up." Korra lies.

What really happened was Asami's head was on that area and when she turned her head it rubbed the wound. Causing it to open. Of course Korra wasn't going to tell her that because she doesn't want her to be upset plus she isn't mad about it.

Asami examines Korra's body. She saw all the bruises and scars. "This doesn't look like boxing practice Korra." Asami says. "It is. I'm a aggressive fighter." Asami walks to where she's right behind her. "Let me help with your wound. Please." She can tell Korra was being hesitant but she turned around.

Asami gasped a bit. The front part of her body was more littered in bruises than the back. Some old some knew. But what really caught her attention was the somewhat bleeding wound on her side. "This is, Korra what happened." Asami asked. "Exactly what I said boxing." Asami sighs and grabs the peroxide and gauze and tends the wound. She knows Korra is lying when she saw the ring imprint on her wound.

She's seen it before too on Korra's busted lip. Her stomach dropped as she feared the worst. Asami carefully cleaned the wound and put the gauze on top. She noted how every time she touched her you can see Korra flinch or tense up. "You're really gentle." Korra says. "Yeah because I don't want to hurt you." She puts away the medical tape and she hesitantly places her finger on Korra's stomach.

Korra stiffened at the touch. Asami slowly skimmed her finger on the bruises. "They still hurt huh?" She asked. "Some yeah. But why did you want to take care of my wound. I could have done it." "I know I just care about you and want to take care of you." Asami admits. Korra sighs. "I miss this feeling." She says quietly but Asami heard.

"Korra please be honest with me. Where did all these come from?" Asami asked. She positioned herself between Korra's legs since Korra sat on the sink edge so Asami could attend to her wound better. "I-." Korra paused before speaking, thinking of what to say. She sighs as she gently grabs Asami's hand.

"Listen some people just don't have it all that great and I'm one of those people." Korra looks at Asami and takes her free hand to tuck a piece of hair behind Asami's ear. She softly smiles at her. "But it doesn't stop me from being me. So it's all okay." She says softly. Korra kept her hand on Asami's cheek and blue eyes met green. Both staring into each other's eyes.

They slowly started leaning towards each other. Asami noticed but didn't stop it. They both paused a few centimeters infront of each other. Feelings their breaths on each other's lips. Asami made the first move and closed the gap. Her lips met warms ones. It was a quick peck at first. Asami felt a slight tingly feeling when she kisses her. Since it didn't seem like Korra wasn't happy with the kiss Asami closed the gap once more. This time it was a longer kiss.